Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Warming/Grilling/Smoking "Upper Deck" For 22 Inch Kettles  (Read 13501 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Warming/Grilling/Smoking "Upper Deck" For 22 Inch Kettles
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
Ok. I'm signed up! Thanks again for the more than generous offer @greenweb. I appreciate it very much!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
Ok. I'm signed up! Thanks again for the more than generous offer @greenweb. I appreciate it very much!

Glad to hear you are signed up.  More than happy to pass on some kettle love.

timothylee

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2016, 04:29:44 PM »
Hope I'm not too late!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

timothylee

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »
Hello, Everyone!

My name is Gary and I'm new to this group; I've been a Weber kettle enthusiast since I was a teenager and the thrill of the coals hasn't left me yet at 41.   I've never owned a gas grill (I know there are Weber gas grill guys out there, not knocking ya!) and work with my Performer, One-Touch Gold, 18 inch portable and Smokey Joe for all of my grilling needs...too many according to my wife; I've assured her there is always a need for each.   

This past summer, I had a large gathering at my house and while I was grilling on my Performer, I wished that I had a true upper cooking area where I could grill, warm or  expand my indirect smoking surface...something much more versatile than the Weber 3200 rack that comes with the Master Touch series grills.    I happen to manufacture grill accessories ( as well as other items) for a living and I got to work making a prototype.   After some time, I'm happy to announce to all of you that I'm in full production of what I'm calling the Upper Deck rack; my primary sales platform is Amazon.  After visiting this site, I now realize my product is very similar the the old, 1970's Elevated Half Grill, but it IS  different, and to my knowledge, the EHG is not available on the market any longer. 

I'd like to know if any of you might be interested in getting a Upper Deck at no charge in return for an HONEST review on Amazon.  If you love it as much as I do, great! If you think improvements can be made, let me know; if you hate it, please tell me.   I can only handle 10 giveaways, so I will honor the first 10 folks who reach out to me at the email below. 

Guys, being new to this site and not seeing any posted rules, if I'm out of line with this posting, please accept my apologies in advance. I'm just looking for honest feedback from Weber nuts like me as I try to launch this product that I think we be loved by any 22 inch kettle owner.  If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Link to my product for your review: https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Warming-Charcoal-Grilling-Accessory/dp/B01IU7HJNU/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474937486&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=upper+deck+grill+grate

Now go out there and light those coals!

Best,
Gary
gary@315products.com
Hope I'm too late! Looks pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
Chad has emailed me a couple times. Amazon has changed their TOS. Reviews on discounted items is now prohibited. He is asking that we not review it.
Still need a 22” yellow

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
Chad has emailed me a couple times. Amazon has changed their TOS. Reviews on discounted items is now prohibited. He is asking that we not review it.

Same here. It's a shame too, because mine just got here a couple of days ago and it seems really solidly made. Can't wait to use it!

It actually came a day too late for me to try it out on a three rack rib cook...

Not any fault of Gary and shipping, it actually got here a day before it was supposed to

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »

That is correct! Everyone who got one including Travis can not leave a review on Amazon.  As of 10/3, Amazon changed their policy and reviews for products that were given away at a discount are banned. They are suspending seller accounts over this is what I was told. Gary has been nice enough to fill me in on all the details. I am sure all 9 of you got the e-mail from Gary not to put in reviews on Amazon.com. 1 review already in before 10/3.

Real tough break for a Grillfella who is trying to launch his product that lot of us may want to have.   I wonder for members here that buys one can do a honest review on the Amazon.com and link it to reviews of other 9 done here later.  Just a thought if the upper rack happens to be a great product, than why not.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »
I would honestly encourage any of you guys to buy one. This thing is really well made. HD SS and all welds are ground smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Still need a 22” yellow

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 05:31:55 PM »
How about you 9 lucky guys still do a honest review on the rack and post in General section under product reviews on this forum so we can all check them out.  This may indirectly help Gary out as well.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2016, 05:54:54 PM »

How about you 9 lucky guys still do a honest review on the rack and post in General section under product reviews on this forum so we can all check them out.  This may indirectly help Gary out as well.

I'll be doing this when I get to use mine. I also asked Gary if there were other sites he would like a review left on for the launch. It is a solid grate and I've practically begged Gary to make a flip grate of the same quality. I'd love to get stainless grates for my kettles.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2016, 02:11:21 AM »

I'll be doing this when I get to use mine. I also asked Gary if there were other sites he would like a review left on for the launch. It is a solid grate and I've practically begged Gary to make a flip grate of the same quality. I'd love to get stainless grates for my kettles.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".

Absolutely all in on a SS flip grate with the same quality. 
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2016, 06:25:54 AM »
I will totally be in for a affordable, well made, ss flip grate.

As for the review, I'll post something here when it comes in and I get to use it for sure. Really looking forward to it. It is a downer about the Amazon ordeal, but I can understand. I think if this product is as stand up as everyone is saying, Gary shouldn't have a problem getting it off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
I'm on board with the Upper Deck... ordering one today. I would love to see a stainless version of the Gourmet grill grate as well...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Gary@315

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for all of your reviews, comments, suggestions and overall interest in my Upper Deck grate!  I truly appreciate all of the positive feedback as well as for your understanding with the Amazon situation.  They change the rules without notice and BAM, your account is done.....amazing, right?  Unreal, actually. A big thanks and shout out to you guys for looking out for me in the forum and for your willingness to help make this product a success... y'all are the best; I mean that.

So...just to reiterate once more....please, if you were one of the guys who received the free Deck, don't leave a review on Amazon under any circumstances.   I DO, of course, welcome feedback on WKC, blogs, my personal email or anything outside of the Bezo's empire.  :-).   Now...if you BUY the Deck at full, listed price on Amazon, they are happy to accept your review.  Ahh...the nature of things these days...

OK....on to the fun stuff...I've been on the road with work for the past few days, so I apologize for my lack of response to your questions/comments.  So here we go!

Some of you guys asked where my product is made...I work with a very trusted manufacturer in China that produces at MY tested and approved quality standards. I think you guys who have the Deck can attest to the level of quality I require in order to take a product to market.

After reading all of your suggestions, it looks like an SS201 or SS304  hinged, flip grate would be something of value to you guys.  So....I'm going to produce both and have them added to my line up.  I'll let all of you know when they arrive!

Smokey Joe guys....what are your thoughts on an Upper Deck for the Smokey? 

Thanks again for all of your feedback and support.  I hope to get out on the kettle this weekend myself for round two with my Slow N'Sear.   Pork butt on the lower, ribs on the deck.   

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »
Gary,

Great quality. Can't wait to use it.

I think an upper deck for an 18 would be a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk