Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy Cooker Smoker  (Read 1405 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Happy Cooker Smoker
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:47:27 AM »
This was found at an estate sale and the buyer contacted me for information about it . After helping him out he offered  it to me and we struck a deal as long as I could find a willing agent to help. After a quick ad here , a really great dude stepped up to help , it was close to him and he just did a fantastic job all the way around , thank you again !

It's an HC-400 porcelain , it's called a smoker but it's simply a different pedestal grill from HC  without the deep bowl and triangle base It came in two sizes, colors and finishes . (See cover of owners manual ). It has the internal ash pan mounted on the adjustment rod to raise and lower the pan controlling air flow and temp . The bowl has no vents.

Same green as the Portland HC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Happy Cooker Smoker
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »
Wow, that is sweet!  I love when this group is able to help out each other to make something happen.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »
Dang Dave, that thing is pretty sweet!!!  Time for an updated HC family photo.  Been waiting for you to post something about it, since you sent me the teaser pic. I'm adding one to my wish-list (hopefully an orange/black).

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Dang Dave, that thing is pretty sweet!!!  Time for an updated HC family photo.  Been waiting for you to post something about it, since you sent me the teaser pic. I'm adding one to my wish-list (hopefully an orange/black).

We need to see orange porcelain !

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »
We need to see orange porcelain !
Agreed!!!  Yellow too?

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞