Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Breakfast tacos...  (Read 1087 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Breakfast tacos...
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:16:43 AM »
Made some breakfast tacos last weekend.  Pics are kind of missing some steps, I had my phone on the side table of the Performer with a Bluetooth speaker and kept forgetting it outside.  Oh yeah!  I had the Slow-N-Sear in the kettle for this cook.  Anyway, I'm sure you can get the idea...

Cooked up some chorizo...

This is normally where I'd have a pic of the eggs cooking.  Please use your imagination for this step. :P

Cooked up some potatoes, onion, and peppers...

Mixed the eggs, chorizo, and cheese and put it into tortillas and grilled them up!

My (1st) plate...
Added a little sour cream and pico to my potatoes...

Thanks for looking!
-Jim

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Breakfast tacos...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:29 AM »
Looks great! Love the sear with those craycorts man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:35:47 AM »
Very nice, where'd you get the round CI griddle?  Agree, those sear marks look perfect. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:53:48 AM »
It's a Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill Cast Iron Griddle (13.25"diameter).  Smooth on one side and grill mark making side on the other. (for lack of better words)

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Smoker-Roaster-Grill-Griddle/dp/B004E8LJB8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472136743&sr=8-2&keywords=13%22+cast+iron+griddle

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »
That looks awesome!  After moving out to AZ and having chorizo for the first time a few years ago, it is now my go to breakfast meat.  Are those flour or corn tortillas?  Either way, they look like some really fresh ones!

Here is something you can try.....My girlfriend recently perfected making a home made version of Taco Bells crunch wraps.  She makes chorizo then cooks it into scrambled eggs, puts that on a tortilla along with a bunch of shredded cheese and a cooked hash brown then wraps it up and toasts both sides in a skillet.  They are awesome but now I am asking myself why I haven't taken over and done them on the grill or gotten a grill going for her to cook them on the grill.   Might be the perfect way to see if she is susceptible to weberitis!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »
I like the home made crunch wrap idea.  I may have to give that a shot!  Thank you for the idea and recipe!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »

It's a Char-Broil Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill Cast Iron Griddle (13.25"diameter).  Smooth on one side and grill mark making side on the other. (for lack of better words)

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Smoker-Roaster-Grill-Griddle/dp/B004E8LJB8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472136743&sr=8-2&keywords=13%22+cast+iron+griddle
Thanks for the link, I like that it doesn't have handles and the 13" diameter would fit into SJ & JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:53 AM »
You are absolutely correct.  Fits the SJ like it was made for it.