Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The ones that got away..  (Read 4630 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: The ones that got away..
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 04:26:47 AM »

I don't even know how close I was but I was ready to pony up the money and drive 4 hours. Another member ended up with it

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 04:04:39 AM »
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160208/4eae50bf85ab65585d4cb20d4318edca.jpg

I don't know if the picture link will work. But, this 26" was posted on February 9th this year.  Thread title said 26" in Dallas area.  $50 used one time.  I got in touch with the seller and told  him I wanted the grill.  He didn't do paypal.  So now I'm scrambling trying to get in touch with friends in the area and/or find an agent.  Agent didn't work, first friends gone on a cruise, got in touch with a friends son that lives down there, but he couldn't make it until after he got off at six that evening.  Call the guy back and he says a woman just picked it up.  I said but I thought we had a deal.  He said funny story: the lady calls and says she would like to pick up the grill.  He says, are you calling for Robert and she says yes and he gives her the instructions to get to his place.  When she gets there and hands him the money, she says, how did you know my husband's name was Robert?  He says the Robert from Arkansas, she says no we live here in Dallas.  Since she had already given him the money and had driven thirty minutes to pick it up, he let her go ahead and take it. 

Close but no cigar.  Still haunts me.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 12:10:47 AM »
The $30 red 26er that went to another member on here. I had arranged everything to get this, but I am happy it went to another who takes care of it. I wound up getting a couple more different grills after so I am happy. 
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 03:15:47 AM »
The $30 red 26er that went to another member on here. I had arranged everything to get this, but I am happy it went to another who takes care of it. I wound up getting a couple more different grills after so I am happy.

Now that would keep me awake at night.  A 26" red is my holy grail.

Robert

So does anyone have a 26" red they wish to part with?

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 07:38:57 AM »

I don't know if the picture link will work. But, this 26" was posted on February 9th this year.  Thread title said 26" in Dallas area.  $50 used one time.  I got in touch with the seller and told  him I wanted the grill.  He didn't do paypal.  So now I'm scrambling trying to get in touch with friends in the area and/or find an agent.  Agent didn't work, first friends gone on a cruise, got in touch with a friends son that lives down there, but he couldn't make it until after he got off at six that evening.  Call the guy back and he says a woman just picked it up.  I said but I thought we had a deal.  He said funny story: the lady calls and says she would like to pick up the grill.  He says, are you calling for Robert and she says yes and he gives her the instructions to get to his place.  When she gets there and hands him the money, she says, how did you know my husband's name was Robert?  He says the Robert from Arkansas, she says no we live here in Dallas.  Since she had already given him the money and had driven thirty minutes to pick it up, he let her go ahead and take it. 

Lol! @Robert I was second in line on that. I was on it also. I have a screen shot somewhere..
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:46 AM »

Lol! @Robert I was second in line on that. I was on it also. I have a screen shot somewhere..

I don't know if the story is true or not.  Sounds plausible.  The other part of the story that you may not know about is that there were two 26" grills.  The seller was hired by a realtor to clean around a house that had been sold.  The house was owned by a Dallas Cowboys player.  I thought the seller told me Tiki Barber, but that doesn't add up.  Anyway, the player had a party at his house and bought 2 26 inch grills.  They both had only been used one time.  When he moved out, he left a lot of things behind.  The seller was keeping one for himself and selling the other one.  The fact that it was owned by an NFL player held no special allure to me.  I just wanted a used one time $300 grill for $50. 

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »

Ehh.. whatever. Totally plausible story but it don't matter. Rich people do irrational shit in the eyes of us common folk.
Was this the post you saw?

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 11:23:02 AM »

Saw this one in Oklahoma. It was gone by the time I contacted. Went for $35.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »

This hurt a bit. No reply from seller for a week. Then the post was gone. I hate that!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »

I'd grab these up all day everyday if I could. Then my back yard would look like Harbormasters  ..and that would be awesome

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 02:17:09 AM »

Ehh.. whatever. Totally plausible story but it don't matter. Rich people do irrational shit in the eyes of us common folk.
Was this the post you saw?

No not the one I saw Click on the link in my post.  At least it works for me. 

Robert