Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber portable charcoal table questions.  (Read 3392 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Weber portable charcoal table questions.
« on: August 17, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
Does anyone know if the old jumbo Joe platinum will work on this table? Weber #7445

And if it doesn't work why?
Are the legs skinnier on the new or is the footprint of the legs different?
I like the table. I may have to make new legs for the Jumbo Joe Platinum.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:11:46 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber portable charcoal table questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 06:40:16 PM »
IMO, the table looks like crap. I don't know why Weber decided to put that curve on the legs, it makes the whole thing look like crap.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »
I love the table as it serves the purpose of why I bought one. Very lightweight which makes it portable for which it is designed to do. I can actually carry my JJ in one hand and the table in the other. I can't answer your question because I own the newer JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:47:29 PM by Bustin Butt »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 06:50:45 PM »
IMO, the table looks like crap. I don't know why Weber decided to put that curve on the legs, it makes the whole thing look like crap.
The legs are curved for stabilization. If they were straight, the table would tilt over easily because of the top heaviness.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
The legs could be straight but come out at an angle from the table. IMO that would look much better.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 08:04:52 PM »
Everyone should buy one now cuz in twenty years they'll be going for $200 on CL.  I picked one up at a yard sale for five bucks.  It's a great table for what it's made for.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 02:10:03 AM »
It will not fit the old SJ or SJP. It was designed specifically to fit the newer models, both SJ and Jumbo Joe I believe.  Bowl legs have changed and appear to have a flat spot on the bottom that engages the clips. Not sure new legs on the old bowls is a direct swap, but I don't think so. Keep in mind I don't own either, so my comments are subject to error.
Retired

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:54:17 AM »
   I find it humorous that the people who love the portable tables actually own them and those that hate them dont.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:29:39 AM »
I don't have a Joe or the table and yes it does look ugly but if the function is perfect and its cheap then buy. People won't really care if the table is ugly as long as the food is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »
The table is not made for the older Jumbo Joe. I have used my older model JJ with the table but the legs do not perfectly fit in the slots. If I remember correctly I was able to position it and lock in one leg only and that did not leave much table space. In any event, I really like this table for my SJ and GA and always get a lot of compliments while tailgating. It does work very well with these two models, not sure about the new JJ's since I do not own one.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »
I am interested in this table because I own 2 Smokey Joe's and 1 go anywhere. Plus One Jumbo Joe Platinum. I am okay with making new legs for my jumbo if I have to. Maybe I'll just go to my local Ace Hardware with my jumbo and set it on their display table. Or is there an older discontinued table that was made for the Jumbo Joe Platinum / outrider?

addicted to charcoal......

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bgdummy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 11:44:23 AM »
And your table is not limited to your grill is why I absolutely love this table. I use it for a quick fry using my grand pappy or any other small chores.

Beer battered fried shrimp.

She might be the ugliest prom date, but at the end of the night she knows how to please! [emoji12]

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »
I don't have the table but I do own two SJ's and could see value in having the table if I didn't have a Performer.  IMO having a place to place a tray of food while grilling is a pretty sweet feature and while I haven't used this table or it's locking feature in theory it sounds appealing.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
Here is a review I did of this table a while back.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/weber-table-review/

I agree with a lot of you in that I thought the table was stupid until I got one and found out how handy it was. I now have two..you know just in case you need an extra one.  ;D