Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Pizza Setup, A Cook And A Loud Outfit  (Read 3156 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
My Pizza Setup, A Cook And A Loud Outfit
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:31:45 AM »
I had the ex's youngest daughter here for 5 days. We had a real good visit and I got the chance to do a pizza cook a couple days ago.

I use a second Kettle beside the one I plan to cook on to hold the Kettle Pizza apparatus....got this idea from MacEggs. The chimney is given it's own 18 as a station:

Broken pieces of fire brick are used to mark out where the stone sits on the cooking grate. Most of the coals and all the wood splits will sit behind those pieces. Notice the burnt wood rollers and back side of that bowl handle.......shit.............:

Firebricks go above where most of my heat is and tin foil covers the rest of my upper grate. This forces much of my heat back down and my cheese melts better. I am using porous light weight fire bricks. These are the type that dissipate heat quickly as opposed to the heavier kind that radiate heat. The heavier type warp and bend cooking grates in a hurry:

I was asked earlier in the day if I had any different shorts that perhaps I might consider wearing. Seems this outfit made my girl embarrassed to be seen with me. Later on in Costco I told a few people that she has signed me out of the home and that I was grateful. Don't poke the bear:

I toss a small amount of charcoal under the stone:

Nothing complicated. Just homemade dough, good sauce, basil, Saputo Mozzarella and olive oil:

Before embarking on the drive to take her back to where she lives....a 2 hour drive......we went to a grocery store to grab some stuff to make a dint in her empty fridge. On the way in I spotted 8 pound bags of Royal Oak Blue Bag for 3.75 CAD....which is about 2.90 USD. I grabbed all they had but when asked to push the cart the girl I was buying the groceries for told me since it was now full of charcoal I was on my own......I should be used to hearing that from women by now boys...........

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:46:07 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: My Pizza Setup, A Cook And A Loud Outfit
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
I'm going to pretend I didn't see the 4th pic (those clothes!) and say that we have a one hell of a group of pizza makers on the WKC!  Very nicely done!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »
Damn them pies look good! Hell of a lot better than those shorts!! LMAO! Poke..Poke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Great looking pies, Hoss!  Thanks for the run-down ….

And, no more wooden lid bale rollers for you.  I only have 2 spares on hand.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 06:19:52 PM »
Those shorts are pretty sweet. I like them.

The socks, on the other hand...

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 11:37:07 PM »
Awesome write up,  awesomer shorts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 06:13:44 AM »
It's the black socks that tie the whole outfit together for me :-)  Love that money shot of the pizzas.  Love it when the cheese cooks up with those brown spots throughout.  Great score on the lump!

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
Hey man, I also look for any excuse to dress like a human peacock.

Do yo thang, man!

Pizza looks great too!

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 10:36:27 AM »

It's the black socks that tie the whole outfit together for me :-)  Love that money shot of the pizzas.  Love it when the cheese cooks up with those brown spots throughout.  Great score on the lump!

That outfit is not correct without sandals. The shoes ruin the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 06:37:13 AM »
Yeah, that's a loud outfit. Nice pies!