Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition  (Read 52280 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
That's a great rain plan Marty. Now hopefully its dry and sunny!

agreed
Kettle collector AND cooker!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »
Jeff,
Thank you for offering to host! I would like to work with you to provide some food from the smoker and/or the grill. If you like, we can collaborate off line on a menu.

Regarding out of towners, we have a commuter RR with stops in both my town and Jeff's. I'm sure we can arrange transportation to anyone who might find it convenient to travel that way. I'm not sure if it helps, but it is available. (The other end of the line is downtown and across the street from Amtrak.)
kettles, smokers...

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 05:36:18 AM »
Oh man I might be able to make this!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »
I'll be driving to Gulf Shores Alabama that day, I'll try to stop and get some bbq in honor of the day.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Sound like a great time! I will be in Canada that day grilling Venison Polish in honor of this day.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
Maybe I can drive to Stu's place and catch a ride from there!

I have a comp the previous weekend. Gotta feeling I'll get a big NFW from the SoDT.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 11:30:03 AM »
I'm planning on being there....so what am I bringing?  Old grills?  Stuff to trade?  Cash to buy stuff?  What?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »
I'm planning on being there....so what am I bringing?  Old grills?  Stuff to trade?  Cash to buy stuff?  What?

All of the above and whatever else you'd like!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
FYI - my wife just confirmed that she will be in Chicago that weekend, and agreed to tag along. I did NOT show her those pool-party pics that have been showing up here lately!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
Well I'll try to get some stuff together....If anyone want's some kind of special handles. let me know now so I can get everything together.....Or if there are grills on the selling block please let me know so we can start wheeling and dealing.....I already have stuff for Jeff and Stu, and Hank.  I'm gonna try to get stuff done for Marty too.  I'll start going through what I have that may be up for sale....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:00:50 PM by zavod44 »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
FYI - my wife just confirmed that she will be in Chicago that weekend, and agreed to tag along. I did NOT show her those pool-party pics that have been showing up here lately!

Thats probably a good idea Marty!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Well I'll try to get some stuff together....If anyone want's some kind of special handles. let me know now so I can get everything together.....Or if there are grills on the selling block please let me know so we can start wheeling and dealing.....I already have stuff for Jeff and Stu, and Hank.  I'm gonna try to get stuff done for Marty too.  I'll start going through what I have that may be up for sale....

Brian...if you wanna bring a grill to show off...that would be cool.  How's Grandpa doin?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »
I was gonna go to Grandpa tomorrow, but I think I'll go with my other 26 I'll see what the weather looks like tomorrow....

As for the meet up, If I can cram the Seville, mothership 2, and my chestnut copperton I will.....plus I have a grill for Stu....

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
I'll bring the 76/77 "story" kettle. It' going to be sweet! I get to spend next weekend cleaning it up, can't wait.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
On the topic of wheeling and dealing I'd be interested in a yellow, avocado, lime, or light grey 22 (although I'm sure everyone is, lol)...Or any red or dark green smokey joes.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.