Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition  (Read 52272 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:37:57 AM »
Before we get too off track in the Mystery Box thread, lets start a new one here to lock in the next Kettle Club meetup. Jeff is willing (maybe even anxious) to host a meet'n'cook at his place in mid June. Sounds great to me! FYI - June 22nd is the annual hands-on grilling party at the Schaumberg Weber Grill in the morning.

Jun 22 10a–12p Hands on! 4th of July BBQ Grilling. Join us for the 2nd annual hands on grilling party. $85

http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/locations/?schaumburg&mcid=0&scid=3&id=82

Might be fun to combine the two and practice the tricks learned right away. Maybe I can get us a look inside the ultimate mystery box: the one-of-everything warehouse? Either way, I nominate the 22nd as the date for the next meetup, and I'll bring my new little blackie for you all to perv. Might even fire her up!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »
Unfortunately, the weekends of June 22 and June 29th are out for me.  I will be out of town. 
Glad you started this one Marty.  Lets get all interested parties to pick a weekend.  I tossed out mid June because after the 1st week in the month, the Chicago area is typically safe from any real cold temps. 

I'm open the the weekends of June 15th, July 6, 13, or 20th.  Do we need to go beyond this yet?  How bout head counts of those interested in something like this?

Options or suggestions for this weekend?  Bring a grill to show off(show and shine grill show?)  LOL  I have a bags set, a large firepit for at night, bbq your favorite meal?  I have plenty of colored grills to put into action...or WSM's.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »
Count me in....the earlier the better.  I dont think I can wait until July.  How about a little swap meet component as well.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
How about a little swap meet component as well.

Interesting.  We have part of our deal done  :)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »
Love that swap meet idea, but I'll likely be on the buying end, not the selling end. Saturday, June 15th sounds good to me. I'm out the week of the 4th. and agree with G; July is too late.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »
First three Saturdays in June work for me.

I'd be happy to smoke something. (In the WSM that is.)

The first or second Saturday would be the best. (June 1, 8 )
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:35:04 PM by HankB »
kettles, smokers...

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
First 3 weekends of June (1,8,15) are clear for me.  Let's get this on the calendar soon.  I would like to nominate the 15th... 

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
I see a pattern of June 15th being a common date.  Lets wait for a few others to chime in yet. 

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
I have confirmed with SWMBO that the 15th works for us.
kettles, smokers...

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
The 15th is now marked on the calendar....in ink.....

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
15th works for me!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 08:40:41 AM »
As of right now the 15th is fine for me...but you never know with the kids activities this summer.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »
After talking to a few others...it looks like June 15th will be the day.   Pray for good weather...that's the only thing that could screw this up. 
Details to follow once the time gets closer. 
Feel free to bring one of your favorite grills to display, trade, or sell!  I will have plenty of mine available...kettles/WSMs for those of you that would like to cookout and make one of your favs.  Bring your camera, and whatever you want to drink.  I will have bags to play, and a fire pit going as the day gets later.

If anyone is not local to Chicago, but would like to attend, that's just fine.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »
Can't wait Jeff - thanks a ton for hosting. Still hope to brew something up with Weber Corporate, and will keep everyone informed if that happens. Maybe the rain plan is to meet for a meal at the Lombard Grill?

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »
That's a great rain plan Marty. Now hopefully its dry and sunny!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.