Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition  (Read 52274 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »
The guy I bought the black 22 from recently had another grey 22. The bowl and lid seemed OK, but the rest needed help. I can give you his number if you are looking locally - he's near Midway.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 04:15:58 AM »
Was it the light grey one or the dark grey one?..I'd like one like Ken (Washington state area) has
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
It was darker than Ken's. Had one crease in the lid. Plenty of character, but he was asking $60 originally. I had him down to $30 as a bundle, but still couldn't pull the trigger. Wood handles all around were toast. Wheels and grates were toast. Triangle was toast. I suppose if you had a donor 22, it would make sense, but even then, maybe $20 tops. There are other, better ones out there.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 04:57:20 PM »
Listen handles are no issue..... ;)
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
Is this still happening? If so, I can probably make it!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
That is fantastic gums!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »
Yes...only thing that will stop this gathering is the weather.  Sure to be lots of fun, lots of food, lots of vintage grills!  We will have a fire going later on, plenty of grills available to cook on for those that might want to make a favorite dish.  We will start finalizing details soon.  We just over a month away!

BTW...backup plan is going to eat at Weber Grill Restaurant in Lombard, Il.  I have been there before and they have lots of vintage grills on display!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
I might try to convince the hubs to go that weekend if he's not working.  What area is this in as we would need a place to stay?
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »
Hey there Cookingmama

I am in the town of West Chicago.  Good places to stay would be in Naperville, St. Charles, or maybe even Geneva.  All nice towns.  The later two have the Fox River going through them.  Probably some nice hotels and views depending on your budget!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:09:35 PM by Jeff »

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Kettle Club Meetup - June Edition
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
Big B and I are planning on making the trip with our wives. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 02:24:15 AM »
Hey Guys and Gals
Weber Fest Part I.   June 15th, 2013.

I'm gonna ask that for those of you that know for sure you will be attending, please respond.  If you are a maybe, please let me know also.  I'm gonna start trying to plan some specifics and will need an idea of head count.  If you are bringing a friend or spouse, please indicate that as well.

All responses should be to this thread so all of us know details.

As I mentioned before, I will have plenty of grill space available if any of you want to make something you really like.   I'll have Kingsford Blue available.  I will have a variety of sodas available...if you would like any sort of beer or alcohol, please bring that.  If you want to bring any sort of sides or appetizers...let me know.

I will have a set of bags for those of you that want to play.  I will have a fire going too...weather permitting. 

I will have plenty of old grills out and about, and it sounds like others will be bringing some old stuff too to show, sell, or maybe even swap.   

Any of questions or suggestions should be directed here too.  I'd like to make this a memorable day, so feel free if any of you have any other good ideas!  Bring cameras if you like, and of course an appetite!    PM me for my address!  I live in the town of West Chicago, Il. 60185, for those of you looking to see where I'm located.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:26:35 AM by Jeff »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 03:50:18 AM »
Jeff I plan on coming as long as my daughter doesn't need a ride to work or my son (he's 2) needs a babysitter. Wife is most likely working that day. For once I don't plan on cooking that day, lol. When you get things set closer to the date I'll figure out something to bring or $$$ to give towards meat purchases by the other guys so I can mooch their great cooks  ;D
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »
the hubs says he is willing to go....though he stated feeling out of place because grilling is not his thing.  i told him not to worry that some of the guys were bringing the wives!   ;) ;) ;) 

i wont be bringing a grill because the hubs WILL NOT allow one in his car...blah.  but happy to check others out.  its a 5 hour drive for us...so i dont know what side dish i could bring.  will think about that one. 

it is a good maybe for us.... just the two of us.  have to see how his finals at school work out and work schedule coming up. 

thanks for hosting this Jeff! 
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »
We will be there. I'd be glad to prepare something - perhaps from the smoker.
kettles, smokers...

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »
I will be there. I HIGHLY doubt my wife will be.