Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Triangles and legs  (Read 2337 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Triangles and legs
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
Ok so I've been working on my redheads triangle,  it doesnt want to be beautiful.  At what point do I just buy a new one?  I understand that the old ones are better thicker, whatever.  Is it really that big of a deal or am I stressing out over nothing?  Same can be said about her legs.  BTW, I'm talking about a Weber kettle im working on!
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Triangles and legs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
Ordered one for my green "B" code & found out that the new ones are a silver powder coat, instead of chrome plated. Now I'm having to find a donor with a good triangle to keep it period correct, then the donor gets the powder coat triangle. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:00:33 PM »
I think it's what YOU want.
I have a 3 herring bone 2012 OTG that is painted.....
But it's OK.
I wish it was chrome....must have been a Weber cost-cutting measure.

You could paint yours if the chrome is shot.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:16 PM »
Do you have a boneyard of extra parts to do a swap?? … A lot of us do, but I'm guessing you may not.

I recommend cleaning them up the best you can / want …  Then just live with it.

I did this to my first 18" kettle rescue.  Triangle is different from an 18 to a 22, but the legs are the same. 
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Triangles and legs
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Ordered one for my green "B" code & found out that the new ones are a silver powder coat, instead of chrome plated. Now I'm having to find a donor with a good triangle to keep it period correct, then the donor gets the powder coat triangle. 

Is that what that is? I got a red mbh with a "new, replaced" triangle, and it looks powder coated. I just cleaned up an original brownie mbh triangle and it just shines like a diamond. Im going to replace it with another if that's the case. I don't like the look. Dumb reason to do that? Maybe. Do I want it correct? Yes. Thanks, Brewtown.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:26:18 PM by Travis »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »

Wait a minute. Green, B code? Where the hell are the pics of that, Brew?!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »
Soon enough my friend. Soon enough. Decided to take "Sprout" to the meet-up to get the final touch. A @zavod44 handle that looks period correct. I'll be doing the write-up (with [emoji991]) after the meet-up.

It's too bad you can't ditch the family for a day & join us!!!  I'll PM you a little sneak peek to hold you over.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 10:03:36 PM »
I just cleaned up an original brownie mbh triangle and it just shines like a diamond.
I've been able to salvage almost every triangle I've done to a jewel-like finish. Unfortunately, this one was bent everywhere & had lots of flaky rust. Guessing when shoveling, the seller bumped it quite a few times. Also when they salted the driveway, they probably threw against the triangle.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »
Here you go Travis.
"SPROUT", the 18" Green "B" Code Kettle

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweberkettleclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D25304&share_tid=25304&share_fid=63141&share_type=t