Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gourmet Burger Competition Video  (Read 920 times)

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
Gourmet Burger Competition Video
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:00:09 PM »
I recently went out to the desert house with my two buddies and ended up in a competition to determine who could make the best gourmet burger on the Mojoe Griddle .  We used an old "L" code Weber 22.5 that has been sitting out in the desert for a long time.  At the start of the video, I give a big shout out to this forum because of the age/code chart posted here!

I called my burger creation, the Waldorf Burger because I used a bacon weave, bleu cheese, macadamia nuts and pears drizzled with balsamic!

There is some wind noise in places on the video but it doesn't get in the way.  Lots of smack talk and funny moments!  Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/qwudYIsZ8ck

Cam

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Gourmet Burger Competition Video
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »
Saw your video.  What desert were you cooking at?  I live in AZ so it looks like home to me!  Like the nice crust on the burgers.  Beats grill marks any day. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:39:51 AM »
Saw your video.  What desert were you cooking at?  I live in AZ so it looks like home to me!  Like the nice crust on the burgers.  Beats grill marks any day.

It's a place called Landers in the high desert of CA about 15 miles north of Yucca Valley.  Yes, searing a crust onto any meat really seals in the juices!

Cam

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:04:54 AM »
I love the mini basket weave bacon on the burger along with the blue cheese sandwiched in there.  I might have to try that for sure.  I normally don't griddle cook our burgers so not sure how that might turn out on the grill.  If not good I have been looking for an excuse to get a cast iron pan :)

Camadile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »
I love the mini basket weave bacon on the burger along with the blue cheese sandwiched in there.  I might have to try that for sure.  I normally don't griddle cook our burgers so not sure how that might turn out on the grill.  If not good I have been looking for an excuse to get a cast iron pan :)

Hey G!  This was a seriously juicy burger for sure and the bleu cheese set it off!  Using a thick steel griddle always provides a beautiful crust on the burgers and seals all the taste inside.  The bacon weave might not stay intact on a grill but it is worth trying!  You might be able to get similar results with a cast iron pan over hot coals.

www.mojoegriddle.com

Cam