Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Released into the wild!  (Read 3723 times)

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Released into the wild!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
I think a super clean vintage black kettle like that is the sexiest damn grill on the planet.

Great score!
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »
Awesome! I would line that ash catcher with foil. Don't want none of them caustic ashes falling on it. Aint like it's a replaceable item.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 05:34:27 AM »
WOW
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:33 AM »
mcg, that's a gorgeous kettle. I've got a pat# black that I just love that I got from @Saugust last year. Congrats on a great score.            @mcgolden, look who the sent the first reply
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/black-is-beautiful/msg183932/#msg183932
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:22:43 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 07:24:11 AM »
@ Mcgolden, what year is that kettle? Does anyone know? Looks very nice.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
Awesome! I would line that ash catcher with foil. Don't want none of them caustic ashes falling on it. Aint like it's a replaceable item.

Will do.  That was the one unfortunate thing about this grill is that the guy who had it didn't clean the ash off the pan before he put it in storage for 40ish years.  So there's a little staining, but not much.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »
mcg, that's a gorgeous kettle. I've got a pat# black that I just love that I got from @Saugust last year. Congrats on a great score.            @mcgolden, look who the sent the first reply
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/black-is-beautiful/msg183932/#msg183932

Followed your link.  Wow, that's a beauty.  Now that the weather is turning nice, I'm going to have to get my bowl cleaned out as nice as that.  It's got some pretty old gunk in it buy I'm sure it'll clean up nicely.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:15 AM »
Mitch,  Congrats!!!  As you know I'm partial to that era of MBHs and you NEVER see a Black early '70s with that great of color or condition.   Yeah, I'm thinking I'd chose it over your new Crimson :)  ;D                        SJ

Fortunately I don't have to choose  ::).  Now that you mention it, I just got a new handle, plate, etc. for the Crimson Performer from Brian in the mail today and they look awesome.  I'll be displaying in another post within the week.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 11:23:11 AM »
thats a keeper right there. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.