Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105543 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #405 on: April 06, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
I have a performer, a 26" kettle, and an 18" and 22" WSM. I wonder if this could replace all four.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #406 on: April 06, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
It's an interesting grill for sure.  I can't help but notice the double wall insulation between the charcoal and food, and double wall insulation firebox.  These are both innovations the Slow 'N Sear brought to the standard kettle a year ago. 8)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #407 on: April 06, 2016, 07:47:13 AM »
I'm still excited to check it out and see how it performs.

It looks promising.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #408 on: April 06, 2016, 07:48:20 AM »
I have a performer, a 26" kettle, and an 18" and 22" WSM. I wonder if this could replace all four.

It probably could, except cooking capacity with multiple cookers.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #409 on: April 06, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
First impressions (I haven't seen any of the videos yet.)

I like 'em; they seem to have a good mix of the retro design we appreciate and innovation. What these both offer are details in design and execution that I don't think you can legitimately quantify or qualify by pointing to the existing lineup, add them together and declare, "same thing!"

One thing's for sure, when you consider the extra features, SS parts and so on, there's no way this would start at "a couple hundred" more than the old designs.

Lack of color remains an oversight IMO.

Noticed the grill grate is 24.5". That's only 1/4" smaller than what my old flat top 26 needs ...

The starter system, wondering if it can light without a chimney?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #410 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:30 AM »

It probably could, except cooking capacity with multiple cookers.

There's no way it could replace that list for capacity; the idea is that you do it all on a smaller scale using far less space and with better convenience of not performance.

Our older machines excel at capacity/dollar ... Especially when bought USED.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #411 on: April 06, 2016, 07:59:01 AM »
First impressions (I haven't seen any of the videos yet.)

I like 'em; they seem to have a good mix of the retro design we appreciate and innovation. What these both offer are details in design and execution that I don't think you can legitimately quantify or qualify by pointing to the existing lineup, add them together and declare, "same thing!"

One thing's for sure, when you consider the extra features, SS parts and so on, there's no way this would start at "a couple hundred" more than the old designs.

Lack of color remains an oversight IMO.

Noticed the grill grate is 24.5". That's only 1/4" smaller than what my old flat top 26 needs ...

The starter system, wondering if it can light without a chimney?

They should offer it in GREEN and then we can watch hilarity ensue on the internets. The Weber Kamado comes with a little charcoal bucket for measuring pouring out briquettes into the firebowl.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #412 on: April 06, 2016, 08:00:45 AM »
Well, I just read this review over at Amazing Ribs, and it has softened my stance a bit...it sounds pretty nice. 

http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment_reviews_ratings/grill-smoker-combination-grill-smoker/weber-summit-charcoal-grill
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #413 on: April 06, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »
I'm really liking the adjustable charcoal grate, that's a really slick design.

The top vent with the wide open flip feature rocks, that needs to come to the regular charcoal lineup.

I was hoping the "jet snap" gas assist system would be an upgrade to something beefier and faster - more like an internal weed burner.
But it looks exactly the same as the performer.

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #414 on: April 06, 2016, 08:05:26 AM »
A few notes for the inquiring minds. 

The grill is sturdy and well built.  It has the capacity of a 22" smoker when using the extension grate.  When fired up properly it can get twice the burn time of 22" smoker without reloading it. 

Yes, you can light it without a chimney starter. 

It performs incredible. 

This machine speaks to the hype. 
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #415 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:06 AM »
A few notes for the inquiring minds. 

The grill is sturdy and well built.  It has the capacity of a 22" smoker when using the extension grate.  When fired up properly it can get twice the burn time of 22" smoker without reloading it. 

Yes, you can light it without a chimney starter. 

It performs incredible. 

This machine speaks to the hype.

Thanks for the expert opinion!
I told my wife that I had to have one, she didn't seem pleased - but she didn't say 'no' either.

chefn58

• WKC Brave
Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #416 on: April 06, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »
I am not only impressed with the build quality but with the results of the cooks.

You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2016, 08:17:10 AM »
So is this going to be The Big Black Egg?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »
I'm so depressed  :'(
I'm 62 on the 12th & had hoped to justify one for my birthday!
Even with house paid for last year & kids off the payroll I cant justify that price!
I can take a small vacation for that!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
So is this going to be The Big Black Egg?

Nice!!