Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105575 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #300 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
lol yea me too - maybe it's the $2000 model :o ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »
I think some of us, myself included, are so used to quick eye tests we can give our beloved kettles that we're having a hard time even envisioning a new form factor.  When you've been looking at the same sillothett for 60 years...

If this is more of a Komado style cooker like some of the more creditable reports seem to indicate then it's probable it's not a typical bottom 22" or 26" bowl being used.  Maybe more of that egg shape?  Just thinking out loud.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
If this grill has been built from scratch, why even have the leg sockets?  You can see this is mounted on a cart with the wheels in the background.

Probably for the same reason every Performer since 1990 has had leg sockets, just take a kettle off the line, add support tabs for the table to it and drill holes for the lid bale. My '92 even has a front handle loop, unseen unless removed from the table/looked at from below.

Then again, if this is a unique, double-wall bowl, then the sockets were added only for the ash catcher.

Wonder if they'll offer any colors other than blaik.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:46:50 PM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2016, 06:53:50 PM »
I'm also thinking an egg shape would make things difficult with the One Touch cleaning system which still seems to be present.

Like ATS mentioned They could easily be sharing bowl parts from a performer as they like to do that sort of thing. No new grate sizes/models that way either. Perhaps just the center section is double walled?

... Or maybe it's a fake image by Weber to throw us off :p

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2016, 06:59:28 PM »
Do any of the Summit gassers auto light the fuel, like a gas stove? Turn knob, get flame, done. That would be a worthwhile addition to this or any gasser IMO. Why press a separate button?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2016, 07:17:49 PM »
The Summit gassers have an integrated igniter that fires when you turn it on. It's called the "Snap-Jet Burner Ignition System". You can also launch things into outer space using the same system ;)

dmbrill

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2016, 03:30:03 AM »
If this grill has been built from scratch, why even have the leg sockets?  You can see this is mounted on a cart with the wheels in the background.

Probably for the same reason every Performer since 1990 has had leg sockets, just take a kettle off the line, add support tabs for the table to it and drill holes for the lid bale. My '92 even has a front handle loop, unseen unless removed from the table/looked at from below.

Then again, if this is a unique, double-wall bowl, then the sockets were added only for the ash catcher.

Wonder if they'll offer any colors other than blaik.

That's kind of my point.  We're all speculating here, especially about size and design.  The ash catcher pic makes it appear this will be a 22", and not something completely build from the ground up.  I'l guess we'll all find out tomorrow!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:38 AM »
I hope there's a 22. That's still a great overall size and should provide some commonality. And it increases our chances of some interesting parts upgrades to ours, right?

On the road all day tomorrow. I'll be burning up some data for sure.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:50 AM »
I hope the tool set that comes with it includes their new spring loaded burger spatula.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
  I'm personally not a fan of the OTS in a smoker application I prefer the zonal control of daisy wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

kevinsmith812

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »

Saw this on Instagram today. Posted by: Kevin Kolman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »
Flux capacitor depth charge port?

MikeLucky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
I hope I'm not the only one looking at all the teaser pics and reading all this speculation and my first thought being that I can't wait for people to buy this grill, decide they don't like it and put it up on CL...

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2016, 10:48:22 AM »
I hope I'm not the only one looking at all the teaser pics and reading all this speculation and my first thought being that I can't wait for people to buy this grill, decide they don't like it and put it up on CL...

I can see it now "bought it for my husband last Father's Day but he says it takes to long, going back to gas grill. Make offer"
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
Are we thinking along the lines of a Caliber Kamado?
Dude, relax your chicken.