Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105559 times)

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #315 on: April 05, 2016, 10:57:21 AM »
I hope I'm not the only one looking at all the teaser pics and reading all this speculation and my first thought being that I can't wait for people to buy this grill, decide they don't like it and put it up on CL...

I can see it now "bought it for my husband last Father's Day but he says it takes to long, going back to gas grill. Make offer"

We can only hope!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #316 on: April 05, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
I'll have pics tomorrow for you guys.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #317 on: April 05, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
it's a lovely shade of black. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #318 on: April 05, 2016, 12:50:44 PM »
I'm totally going to retrofit that vent hatch onto something.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2016, 12:56:37 PM »

I've been trying to guess why the exhaust would need to be able to flow so much air. Maybe the thing's a hybrid; cook with gas also.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »
Maybe we are going to have to throw a couple bucks in and have a drawing for one lucky member.  Unless it turns out to be lame and no one wants one. 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »

I've been trying to guess why the exhaust would need to be able to flow so much air. Maybe the thing's a hybrid; cook with gas also.

Most of the egg style cookers have a top vent cap thing that comes totally off.  I'm guessing weber thought it was a lot cooler to put a hinge on it.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #322 on: April 05, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »

Most of the egg style cookers have a top vent cap thing that comes totally off.  I'm guessing weber thought it was a lot cooler to put a hinge on it.

That's why I hope there's a smokestack accessory. Part of the Weber Style line of course.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #323 on: April 05, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »
This is driving me crazy. I gotta see it
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #324 on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »

This is the most revealing photo to date IMO! At first I was kinda disappointed to see the ash bucket collector system, but if you look closely at the the cutouts @brettbrown mentioned you can see a small dot above each setting (smoke or grill). I would imagine the lower vent setting is done manually and then you program in your exact temp via the built in ATC...

Which is pretty damn cool...

Unfortunately the teaser is of a 22.5 bottom... but who knows, maybe a 22 and a 26" model?!? Only a couple more days 8)

So it will do everything?

Can this new Weber core a apple Chef of the future?
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2016, 04:34:05 PM »
Bad news. No pics tomorrow. I just spoke to my Alliance Dealer. They were originally told they will arrive tomorrow. They have now been informed they will ship tomorrow. The will definitely have one one hand by Saturday for the demo.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »
Bad news. No pics tomorrow. I just spoke to my Alliance Dealer. They were originally told they will arrive tomorrow. They have now been informed they will ship tomorrow. The will definitely have one one hand by Saturday for the demo.

Darn!   :-\

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:33 PM »
@dwnthehatch Ill get one!!! A Picture that is!!!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2016, 04:51:14 PM »

Saw this on Instagram today. Posted by: Kevin Kolman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mike.stavlund check out that bokeh!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #329 on: April 05, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »
I am as in the dark as you guys regarding the new Weber, however, I know with 100% certainty that our tester Max Good at AmazingRibs.com has had one for a couple of weeks now and his review will publish tomorrow.  Yes Weber is spilling the beans at that time anyway, but Max has put it through its paces and will let us know how it compares with everything else at that price point.  I do know he's pretty excited about the whole thing!