Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber expandable smoking rack  (Read 4058 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Weber expandable smoking rack
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:08:18 PM »
Anyone using one? If so, what have you used it to smoke? Is it work it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber expandable smoking rack
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:24:12 PM »
There are some who have and use it here. Check out this thread...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/weber-7473-hanging-meat-rack/
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »
Forgot about that post. Think I am going to order one

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »
The hooks that come with the hanger are kind of a PITA, designed to hold whole fish open. I had some stainless steel skewers and bent them into more user friendly meat hooks. And I've taken to using some bread bag wire strips to secure the cross bars on the rack. Just a FYI heads up.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »
Have been thinking about getting one of these myself.  Thanks for the information @swamprb
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »
Thanks for the tips swamprb.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »
I got one as a Father's Day gift, and i really like it.  Not something you use all the time, but really handy when you need it. 

It does fantastic with fish, but note the risk as a bad fish cook (or a cook of bad fish) might sour the seasoning on your smoker (and that takes *years* to develop).  I've hung ribs in there, and whole chicken too.  A small turkey will fit on my 18.   It's best, though, for handing strings of peppers... homemade chipotles and adobos, all year long! 
One of the charcoal people.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!