Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Forgive my newbie lack of experience, Red 18.5" wanted  (Read 3127 times)

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
Forgive my newbie lack of experience, Red 18.5" wanted
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:59:00 AM »
I am looking for an 18.5" kettle in red.

I see these have not been made in years ???

BUT searching online has netted them being available in Europe now, along with the other colours, in all sizes.

Why, as a business would Weber do this??

I really want a new 18.5 (47cm) red kettle.
YIKES they are 169 Euros plus shipping from Europe.

Any other place to get 18.5" in red?

Thanks,
Greg

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Forgive my newbie lack of experience, Red 18.5" wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 11:04:39 AM »
I have a red 22 new in box I'm looking to sell. Never opened
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »
Hi Captjoe06,

Thanks so much for the offer but I am looking for an 18" in red

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »
Welcome to the WKC from Eugene, OR.   Red 18's are a bit hard to find.   I managed to find mine a while back by faithfully checking CraigsList daily.   Pure luck in my case  ...  she's a 1999 Coca-Cola Logo and cooks GREAT.   Be patient and just keep checking CL.   Also, you could put a WTB in the forsale forum.                          SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 09:42:34 PM »
I am looking for an 18.5" kettle in red.

I see these have not been made in years ???

It's against the law to make a red bbq grill in 2016.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 01:47:02 AM »
Why is it illegal to make red BBQ grills ?

They are selling the red (and other colors) in Netherland and Belgium.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »

If that's the Crimson it's more of a burgundy. Not red. Weber execs today get fired for suggesting red again. Then, they have to work for Broil-King installing knobs. So you can clearly understand the problem, now.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »

You can sell a red bbq grill in the Netherlands and Belgium, you just can't do it here in Amerika. When you throw a red bbq grill in a landfill, it hurts the environment. So the government won't let you have one.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »

The bright red porcelain (70s yellow too) on the kettles had/has cadmium in it. Extremely expensive to dispose of and harmful to the environment. So at the end of 1999, Weber had to retire bright red. One of my reps at Home Depot back in 2000 mentioned that they had lost their company that helped to dispose of the cadmium refuse/leftover waste. This also meant the end of bright red Genesis gassers too.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »

The bright red porcelain (70s yellow too) on the kettles had/has cadmium in it. Extremely expensive to dispose of and harmful to the environment. So at the end of 1999, Weber had to retire bright red. One of my reps at Home Depot back in 2000 mentioned that they had lost their company that helped to dispose of the cadmium refuse/leftover waste. This also meant the end of bright red Genesis gassers too.

Yay facts. Thanks for sharing actual information and leaving out the leprechauns.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 04:34:07 AM »

Yay facts. Thanks for sharing actual information and leaving out the leprechauns.

I thought I knew what was going on but now I gotta ask where are the leprechauns that sell the red kettles?  I want one!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer