Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just a quick Pizza Que dinner  (Read 2633 times)

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
Just a quick Pizza Que dinner
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
Post dough toss...

Post cook...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Just a quick Pizza Que dinner
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »
Now that looks good. No weird toppings. Nice thin crust. Sauces cheese and toppings to the edge. Well done sir.
Still need a 22” yellow

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »
Great looking pie...
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 02:07:22 AM »
looks great @jfbincypress Do you follow the directions that came with the que? the first time i tried to make pizza i used just over 1 chimney full of lit and could barely hit 500.  Do i really need to use the full 10lbs to hit those high temps?  I haven't had much luck with mine yet

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 03:36:38 AM »

looks great @jfbincypress Do you follow the directions that came with the que? the first time i tried to make pizza i used just over 1 chimney full of lit and could barely hit 500.  Do i really need to use the full 10lbs to hit those high temps?  I haven't had much luck with mine yet

I used one full lot chimney of KBB, and half a chimney of unlit chunk. I got temps up to 720 degrees.

It is a lot of fuel for pizza, so normally you'd want to do more than one...as the heat will hold for 5-6 pizzas.

Don't forget, you can always remove the Que, put the lid back on and close all the vents...save the coals for next cook.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:36:56 AM »
And thanks for the positive compliments, guys.

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 05:20:10 AM »
Thanks I'll give that a try

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:48:12 AM »
good looking pizza
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »
Dang, it's not like I don't have enough accessories already. This thing looks awesome. The only thing that trips me out is how in the instructions they say to add 10lbs of charcoal. That's quite a bit if you're just gonna cook 4 pizzas. The pizza does look fantastic though. I'll probably try to get that kit as a christmas or bday present for myself. Maybe my father's day gif? So many possibilities.
Weber 22" Kettle Grill

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
Just a quick Pizza Que dinner
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »
Just buy 600 pounds of Blue when Home Depot (or Lowe's) puts their 2 packs on sale, that's what I do. Then it only amounts to like $3.50 in fuel. You get a perfect pizza, the way you want it...and it still costs you under $7.50 to make (beats any takeout/delivery).

Not to mention, it's the journey that makes the trip worth while.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
Just buy 600 pounds of Blue when Home Depot (or Lowe's) puts their 2 packs on sale, that's what I do. Then it only amounts to like $3.50 in fuel. You get a perfect pizza, the way you want it...and it still costs you under $7.50 to make (beats any takeout/delivery).

Not to mention, it's the journey that makes the trip worth while.

Can't wait for the sales to happen again.  Was on vacation during labor day and missed out on those sales....been using full price KBB since mid august.  I need to figure out how many twin packs I need to get when the first sales start again.  I'm thinking at least 15 of them.  That should get me through 4th of July and allow me to get a good estimate as to much I need to get on 4th of July and then Labor day sales to get me through long fall to spring period!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
Yeah, I usually get 10-15 depending.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »

Now that looks good. No weird toppings. Nice thin crust. Sauces cheese and toppings to the edge. Well done sir.

Great assessment for a great looking pizza!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:57 PM »
Good looking pizza! Next time add some cooking piks

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
I cant wait for the Kingsford sales to start either. I bought 75 lbs of Stubbs right before Christmas and I'm out a month later. Just used up a bag of lump I had sitting here. Heading to Lowe's tomorrow for more Stubbs. Will by Kingsford when on sale