Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: RRR?  (Read 4697 times)

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
RRR?
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:19:10 PM »
Doesn't one of those R's stand for respect? Showing a kettle respect is dumping some charcoal in it, firing it up and cooking on it. Seemed like this place has shifted from cooking to looking.  Let's get back to where a cook thread gets looked at and commented on. I just did a pork belly cook up and your response was .......crickets.
Seems like if is not rare, NIB or something nobody's ever seen,  then nobody gives a shit. I'm going to stop talking about my Webers and go cook on them now.

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
Re: RRR?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
Yeah you do that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:34:01 PM »
Is this the post that you are referring?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/pork-belly-ideas/

If so, crickets, really?

This is a forums for all things Weber kettle,  cooking along with collecting........
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
You have over 20 replies in the post Brett, not sure what you're looking for? And the finished pics you just posted today - give people some time to respond. Its a great looking cook.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Hey Brett, First off, fine cook on the pork belly! The WKC has always been more biased towards the restoring and collecting aspects but believe it or not the cooking forums are alot more happening now than they were in 2013 and 2014. I know you can cook so I hope you continue to share them with us, ask for ideas, and share info. Getting more people cooking and sharing is definitely a high priority, hence the e-cook and throwdowns. The weekend activity on WKC is also very light.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

terrymo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 03:59:28 PM »
If I'm cooking it's usually trying to get something ready for the family for dinner or on the weekend with people coming over. I have good intentions of taking photos but never seem to do it. It kind of gets lost in the shuffle or maybe I'm just lazy. I'm grateful for the people who do take the time to document their cooks. All my Webers are cookers but I do love seeing historically significant kettles that I'll likely never be able to afford either.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
I read your porkbelly cook and I thought it was great (porkbelly burnt ends got my attention).  I read a lot of the cooks for new ideas but like a lot of posts I usually give a thankyou.  I rarely post on the Cook site cuz I take crappy pics or I forget and it's to late.  Keep your head up.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
RRR?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
The beauty of a public forum is that you have the freedom to do what you want . You can give and take in any of the areas that interest you and likewise others can do the same . I for one cook a lot , I fix up a lot of grills , I love the history end of it and love being with like minded people enjoying our hobby.  We all have to remember that this supposed to be fun and inviting for everyone and that not everyone is the same.  I don't want to be told how to take pictures nor do I care if yours are grainy ( I'm guilty) dark or any of that shit , I don't want to be told when I can call a Grail a Grail or use the word Epic or feel like I have respond to every post to avoid hurting feelings , I want to  come here and chill out and just soak it all in . Trust me man I've been there on the end of a bust ass cook only to get 5 responses , I get it . But to your statement , you got 20 something comments and I think my find of a Westerner got like 10 , so it's not all about collecting .
Gummi is right , if you would have seen the cooking threads early on around here it was pretty sad.

I'm glad you vented it gave me a chance to blow some steam also , I hope you keep posting and please if you have time over Labor Day weekend join the Burger Throw-down with us , we'd love to have you . 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 04:46:19 PM »
This forum is a bit slow sometimes.  Yes it's not as active as some I've been involved with but on the bright side, your posts wont get lost ion the croud so easily.  I cook on my 93 performer almost daily.  I'm trying to keep it loking good and I may tear it apart and repaint the frame over the winter.  I have noticed that the most activity is in the charcoal grill threads, and yes the rare and unusual or teh horribly mamed do attract a lot of attention, but face it, those things are interesting.  I do look for recipies and gooking tips here too sometimes, but there is a ton of other resources for that on teh web.  This is the best source for infor on weber charcoal kettles.  I just wish that the info on the gassers was easier to find.  There are a crap ton of $20-$25 gassers in my area that nbeed some RRR desparately, but it has been tough finding the smae sort of datiung and model information taht you find here on the charcoal grills

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
Thanks idahawk, I read the same post about epic and all that. Also one a few months back about stickers that got a little heated. Made me think it's getting a little too serious around here. I had a lot of interest in my cook before I actually cooked. Of the 20 replies probably 15 were me. I look forward to the responses and even hope for some critiques to learn from. I had a rough day and vented, sorry.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Thanks idahawk, I read the same post about epic and all that. Also one a few months back about stickers that got a little heated. Made me think it's getting a little too serious around here. I had a lot of interest in my cook before I actually cooked. Of the 20 replies probably 15 were me. I look forward to the responses and even hope for some critiques to learn from. I had a rough day and vented, sorry.
You are right.
Things have been getting ridiculously serious.  Thanks for confirming some concerns!  :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
Wait, you can cook on these things?  :o

Damn, what will they think of next!?!?   ;D
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

fedex

• WKC Ranger