Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jamaican Jerk Burgers / Weber Jumbo Joe  (Read 1118 times)

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Jamaican Jerk Burgers / Weber Jumbo Joe
« on: August 25, 2015, 06:27:14 AM »
This cook was done on my Weber Jumbo Joe and consisted of four 5-1/2 oz Jamaican  jerk burgers and one standard hamburger. Also grilled on the Weber cast iron griddle were six  cornbread griddle cakes, some onions, slab potatoes, and some pineapple slices.

I started by making up a jerk paste with three Habs to be sure I had enough heat in the burgers. I made up one plain burger for the bride and then mixed up my jerk paste in the remaining meat for the jerk burgers.

The burgers ready for the grill...I think you can see the peppers in the patties.

I started with four of the cornbread griddle cakes.

Next up were both the jerk and standard burgers.

Then I did a couple more griddle cakes just after the burgers to see if they would pick up some of the jerk flavor from the burger cook. (They did)

Next were the onions and slab potatoes.

Finished up with the pineapple slices.

The results of my cook.

For my lunch, I started with a cornbread griddle cake, added some lettuce, a jerk burger,  next on was a pineapple slice, a few rings of the grilled onions, some of my very hot jerk sauce, some grilled pepper strips and then I sprinkled on some chopped up green  onions.

I completed the meal with one of the slab potatoes and a couple slices of garden tomatoes.

Sure made a nice lunch.

SixZeroFour

Re: Jamaican Jerk Burgers / Weber Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »
Great looking meal Dave! I have the same Weber griddle but in aluminum. Yours is the first cast version I recall seeing - I love the clipped edges so you can still use the hinged grate mid cook. Very cool!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:38:55 AM »
Those look awesome.  Love the grilled pineapple too.  That's my wife's favorite burger topping. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »
I love that corncake for the bun idea :)  you can add so much to those and ramp them up if you want to. Cool burger !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
Great looking cook!