Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shorty Midget mod thread  (Read 35870 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Shorty Midget mod thread
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »
Might sound crazy but does anyone have a midget example of a single wheel setup instead of the dually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kettlebb the first midgets were single wheel but Troy had the dually idea early on and it because popular. Here's mine:

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
Might sound crazy but does anyone have a midget example of a single wheel setup instead of the dually?
Here's my single wheel, I fabbed it up today. Possibly the only Glen blue Midget?

FullSizeRender61.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender56.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender54.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender52.md.jpg" border="0
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »
That's awesome @rub

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »
Thanks @varekai I remember that post. Love that midget. Did you ever get the legs and ash assembly powder coated?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »
@kettlebb, no powder coat yet. One of these days..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2017, 04:10:10 PM »
Here's my single wheel, I fabbed it up today. Possibly the only Glen blue Midget?

FullSizeRender61.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender56.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender54.md.jpg" border="0
FullSizeRender52.md.jpg" border="0

OMG I'm in love.
I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
Just be careful @Troy don't lose any fingers in the process.

smokindave

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2017, 09:27:41 PM »

Thanks for the details. I will be sticking with 6" wheels, so that would mean taking an even amount off all 3 legs for me.  That should also mean not needing to drill a new hole in the front leg.  I just need to ask...did you end up with plenty of room to remove and replace the ash can with ease? or do you wish you had taken just a little less off the legs?  Also, since I'm using the 6 inch wheels (and going dual), the 6 inch wheels are 1.5" wide, whereas the 8 inch wheels are 1.75" wide, if I am not mistaken.  Therefore, it looks like I would need to take off about 1.25" off each side of the axle instead to make up that difference in width.  Please let me know your thoughts.
Sounds like you have a well thought out plan of action.  You won't have any issues removing the ash bucket.

Thank you for taking the time to review my little plan.  As soon as my 2 extra wheels come in from ereplacementparts I will be ready to tackle this mod.  Of course the new wheels will go on the outside.  This will be fun!

having problems posting pics...but I finally got her done....I will keep trying to post pics....not sure why it's not working.
'00 Black 22.5 OTP, '09 Forest Green 22.5 OTG, '11 Black 22.5 OTG, '14 Black JJ, '14 Black SJS

smokindave

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »

Thanks for the details. I will be sticking with 6" wheels, so that would mean taking an even amount off all 3 legs for me.  That should also mean not needing to drill a new hole in the front leg.  I just need to ask...did you end up with plenty of room to remove and replace the ash can with ease? or do you wish you had taken just a little less off the legs?  Also, since I'm using the 6 inch wheels (and going dual), the 6 inch wheels are 1.5" wide, whereas the 8 inch wheels are 1.75" wide, if I am not mistaken.  Therefore, it looks like I would need to take off about 1.25" off each side of the axle instead to make up that difference in width.  Please let me know your thoughts.
Sounds like you have a well thought out plan of action.  You won't have any issues removing the ash bucket.

Thank you for taking the time to review my little plan.  As soon as my 2 extra wheels come in from ereplacementparts I will be ready to tackle this mod.  Of course the new wheels will go on the outside.  This will be fun!

having problems posting pics...but I finally got her done....I will keep trying to post pics....not sure why it's not working.

ok I figured it out.  my pic file sizes were over 3MB.  here are a couple of pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
'00 Black 22.5 OTP, '09 Forest Green 22.5 OTG, '11 Black 22.5 OTG, '14 Black JJ, '14 Black SJS

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2017, 07:16:10 AM »
I'd like to introduce "The Bruiser"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:18:16 AM by Mkrause »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »
That's cool.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »
Nice work @Mkrause. Looks badass!!!

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2017, 08:16:18 AM »
Thanks guys! Think I'm going to break him in today with some prosciutto and provolone wrapped asparagus.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »
Amazing!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow