Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Tool and Accessory Storage Solution  (Read 1874 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Performer Tool and Accessory Storage Solution
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:24:41 AM »
Like many of you, As my collection of grills and smoker has grown. My tool and accessory collection has grown as well.
Tool holders, pitmaster IQ, thermometers, firebricks, rib racks, you name it. The Performer has storage on the low shelf but I try to keep the shelf neat so many of these tools were in a bin in the garage and i was trecking back and fourth if i needed something.

I found a low cost solution.

This Sterlite 10 gallon bin is 25.75 x 18.38 x 7.13 It fits and looks perfectly on the lower shelf of the performer and has room for a ton of tools.

I found it at lowes in a tan but i really wanted black to match my kettle.
walmart's website only sells them in packs of 6 for $52 but i found by chance in store at walmart for under $9

One word of Caution:
There is not a ton of clearance under the ash catcher, and the ash cather can get hot if a hot coal falls in during cooking so i would recommend moving while cooking. The bin would fit on the ground right below the performer as well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:29:10 AM by CharliefromLI »
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer Tool and Accessory Storage Solution
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 02:41:55 PM »
Looks like I'll be hitting up the two Wal-Mart's in D.C. A great bin to store my grill apron and gloves. Since I've got the complete weber style grill tools set, I ordered and attached performer tool holder #85685 on the back panel opposite the front one. Looks oem and all six tools hang at the ready.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »
Looks like I'll be hitting up the two Wal-Mart's in D.C. A great bin to store my grill apron and gloves. Since I've got the complete weber style grill tools set, I ordered and attached performer tool holder #85685 on the back panel opposite the front one. Looks oem and all six tools hang at the ready.

That's a good idea. My back panel isn't usually accessible but a really cool idea.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 03:56:02 PM »
Cool.

I wonder how it'll do on a real- oops- I mean Gen 1 Performer.  8)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Bob R

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »
Great idea. My wife has my stuff stashed in a card board box.

Bob R

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
Cool.

I wonder how it'll do on a real- oops- I mean Gen 1 Performer.  8)
Measure the opening.