Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Three is Company.......  (Read 4257 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Three is Company.......
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:01:09 AM »
 :o

@reillyranch   Four at the Pig N Peaches in August?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:06:51 AM by harris92 »

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Three is Company.......
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:09:34 AM »
No @harris92, three's a crowd, let me help you thin the herd!
Incredible collection of Westerners there! I just can't stop looking at that photo! 

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
Whoa, that is amazing
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Hmmm - I have seen that kettle on the right before   :)

Glad to see it is still in the WKC.  Congrats!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
That's a great picture!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
Great pic, do you still have your Westerner Winz?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »

I have received several PM's asking this question, so I thought I would lay it out here:

Yes, it’s true - I gave up a once in a lifetime Weber “grail”.   The reason is simple really.  I have come to discover that I am not a collector of Weber kettles.  In fact, my only “collectable” grill was the Westerner, which basically sat in my garage.  My involvement with Weber and the WKC is much more about learning new cooking techniques, enjoying the camaraderie, and my ongoing modification of non-collectable grills.   Bisbee and Wapiti will likely always be with me – they are products of my own vision and both get heavy usage.  The rest of my kettles are probably “just passing through”.  I enjoy the hunt for unique kettles, but have no plans for a collection.   That said, I realized early on that the Westerner is a very desirable kettle and would be better served as part of a collection. 

With that in mind, I passed my Wood Dale Westerner on to a fellow WKC member late last summer, who apparently has decided to pass it on to Harris.  Congrats to them both, it is a killer kettle.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
I know exactly how you feel. 

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
Wow. Oh my goodness!!!!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
You win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
OMG, now that's a lotta bull, lol. AWESOME collection
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »
If by some miracle I ever come across a cow grill, I'm sure cooking on the damn thing! (no banking coals though).

Is that all of the known Westerners (other than the one owned by the crackpot lady in the eclectic trailer?

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
I'm speechless!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 05:50:15 PM »

I have received several PM's asking this question, so I thought I would lay it out here:

Yes, it’s true - I gave up a once in a lifetime Weber “grail”.   The reason is simple really.  I have come to discover that I am not a collector of Weber kettles.  In fact, my only “collectable” grill was the Westerner, which basically sat in my garage.  My involvement with Weber and the WKC is much more about learning new cooking techniques, enjoying the camaraderie, and my ongoing modification of non-collectable grills.   Bisbee and Wapiti will likely always be with me – they are products of my own vision and both get heavy usage.  The rest of my kettles are probably “just passing through”.  I enjoy the hunt for unique kettles, but have no plans for a collection.   That said, I realized early on that the Westerner is a very desirable kettle and would be better served as part of a collection. 

With that in mind, I passed my Wood Dale Westerner on to a fellow WKC member late last summer, who apparently has decided to pass it on to Harris.  Congrats to them both, it is a killer kettle.

Winz

Well said.
A Wonderful Family!!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

Winz

Thought it might go this direction....eventually.........glad you did capture it in finest WKC fashion in the first place & keep onto it for a time..... 8)

If by some miracle I ever come across a cow grill, I'm sure cooking on the damn thing! (no banking coals though).

Is that all of the known Westerners (other than the one owned by the crackpot lady in the eclectic trailer?

Think Weber owns at least one & there's maybe another in that German museum & perhaps another somewhere...not many though.....

As for the coals, after seeing this thing up close, you could safely bank coals, maybe unlike some other old kettles.....the steel & the coating are unbelievably thick, just scary thick compared to a new kettle...... :o 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"