Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: pics.weberkettleclub.com  (Read 2860 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
pics.weberkettleclub.com
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »
Can sombody explain how to post pictures to the forum from pics.weberkettleclub.com? Can it be done? I've been using Photobucket but it has been very slow lately and would like to try something else.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: pics.weberkettleclub.com
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »
It works great.  Much faster than Photobucket.  Trust me, I was a Photobucket hater.
Create an account, and start uploading.  Pretty easy!  Give it a try.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
It works great.  Much faster than Photobucket.  Trust me, I was a Photobucket hater.
Create an account, and start uploading.  Pretty easy!  Give it a try.
@Jeff  - Yes I've already done that and it is very easy and quick. But how do I copy the photo and post in a thread?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:00:31 PM by JDD »

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Okay I have created an account at pics.weberkettleclub.com and uploaded some photos. Now I would like to copy those photos and post them in a thread here at weberkettleclub.com. Is this possible? How do I do it? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am very slow when it comes to computer technology.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
Okay I have created an account at pics.weberkettleclub.com and uploaded some photos. Now I would like to copy those photos and post them in a thread here at weberkettleclub.com. Is this possible? How do I do it? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am very slow when it comes to computer technology.

@JDD ,

Resize (downsize) images on your computer prior to uploading if you haven't already. Posting images for online viewing needs fewer pixels and modern cameras have too many ...

Here's how I do it if uploading and posting single images (not a group.) You've already moved past some of this but for next time, try it.

After uploading is successful stay on that page and click the popup and choose the 2nd option, Direct links:

Copy that URL. Back here, paste it between IMG tags. You can type them or you can use the shortcut:

If you paste first, highlight the URL you just pasted and then click the "insert image' button. If you first hit the "insert image" button, leave the cursor where it is and paste the URL.

When doing it after the fact and you don't see that screen, just browse your uploads until you see the image you want to share here. Click it and choose to see Embed codes. Notice there's a choice that already has IMG tags, just use that.

And the Preview button here is your friend!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
Is this pic process only supposed to work ona computer?

Its problematic logging in from a smartphone...
Grills

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 08:33:18 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke , thank you very much for the help! It all makes sense now. Here is my test:

Yeah it works!! Thanks again. This is so much easier than Photobucket.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:42:32 AM by JDD »

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 09:02:06 AM »
@Troy - I didn't see ATS's tutorial before whipping up mine in Wordpress. His is better :) @addicted-to-smoke can I turn that into a blog post / tutorial page? It's perfect 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
@Troy - I didn't see ATS's tutorial before whipping up mine in Wordpress. His is better :) @addicted-to-smoke can I turn that into a blog post / tutorial page? It's perfect 8)

yeah just change it to use BBCode Linked Medium embed code.

It's the quickest. No need to mess with buttons or anything in forum interface, just paste the embed code and TADA.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Yeah that's good too. I emphasized resizing before uploading for a few reasons.

1) In many cases you might be already be editing the image for a nicer crop and maybe tweaking exposure, so a resize while you're there is not hard.

2) Uploading small images helps the uploader and helps the hosting service. :) Storage and bandwidth requirements for all concerned could be triple or greater otherwise.

Speaking of which Matt, my last image above probably should be downsized a little more for your write-up.

3) If just doing one or a few in a batch, the Direct Links in that first popup example is all you need, without going to another page(s) to get the "medium" link.

Lots of paths to get it done. The exact steps will depend upon your point of entry ...

Gorgeous kettle JDD. Glad it worked for you!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch