Grizz

• WKC Brave
copper
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:42:37 PM »

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Re: copper
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:49:47 PM »
sorry, trying to figure out photobucket.  the subject was suppose to be Copper is here.  That photo is of my man, Hunter, who, unfortunately, I had to put to sleep last night due to kidney failure and colon issues. So, that puts a damper on my copper deluxe arriving today, but here's some photos (hopefully)

Question, my lid came with these scuff marks:

is it possible to buff these out?  it wouldn't bother me so much if they were on the backside of the lid but they are facing right at me when I'll be grillin and I can't stop looking at them!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bud.....the little ones are the hardest to walk thru....... :'(

Not sure on the scrapes.....Matt (SixZeroFour) might know about what's a good idea there.....

@SixZeroFour
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »
Hmm, you could definitely give it a bit of scrub with steel wool and water to see if that will take it down. Otherwise call Weber if it came like that new outta the box and they will more than likely help you out.

Great looking performer Grizz - congrats. And sorry to hear about Hunter :/
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
And Grizz, you can also modify your posts here after the fact, pix or text including subject line if you want.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:36:02 PM »
Sorry to read about your bud.

Give Weber a call concerning the lid. They may ask for a picture.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »
thanks guys, been a rough day to be sure...sorry no pics of first grill....chicken and shrimp for the missus and strip steak and lobster tail for me....asparagus tips all around....didn't come out to bad!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
Sorry about your cat but nice pick up for sure!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
thanks guys, been a rough day to be sure...sorry no pics of first grill....chicken and shrimp for the missus and strip steak and lobster tail for me....asparagus tips all around....didn't come out to bad!

Spend some time just thinking of all the good times.......unsolicited advice, but it helps...... :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
Sorry about your cat but love the copper. I agree with everyone else, if it came with the scuffs call weber and send them some pictures. They should be able to help you out.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
Sorry about your cat. He was a beautiful animal.  The copper looks really sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrehfield

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »
Man, that's fourteen sons of bitches to loose a pet. Bad , bad thing. Condolences.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
Sorry about your cat, I had a Black Lab for 11 years and that day came, hard to deal with. The Copper is growing on me more and more, Congrats!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »
I too had to put down a fur kid, very hard to do for sure.  Nice looking Copper Performer as others have said some soapy water and 0000 steel ool don't buff that out call Weber they will fix it or you.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 01:06:59 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes.  Definitely appreciated.  I'll try the steel wool thingy.  Emailed pics to the weber folks the other night.  Think I'll break out the roti tonight....