Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: copper  (Read 6085 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: copper
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 02:43:47 AM »
Sorry to hear about Hunter, always hard to lose a pet...
The copper looks great though, my favorite of the new colors.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 03:23:19 AM »
First off, sorry bout your little buddy.  I lost my cherished dog about 2.5 years ago...it sucked horribly.  Still miss him today.  It does get easier, but always focus on the good times.
Second, sweet grill.  I'm pretty anal about the condition of my grills too, but those light scuffs don't look too bad though.  Just enjoy it and cook the hell out of it!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »
Hunter looks beautiful, so sorry to hear about your loss.
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

jmwhite

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 05:28:16 AM »
Sweet...Looks just like my Performer.  Be gentle on her...she's a beauty.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 05:31:10 AM »
Sorry about your cat.  That sucks.

As far as the scuffs, I had good luck with one of those "magic eraser" pads on my copper performer.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:31 AM »
Had to put down our little puggy Pug last year. My wife's dog for 14 years. We have been together 9. She had developed a brain tumor and was loosing control of her back legs. We knew it was time when she was dragging herself around but you could tell she wasn't quite there. It was horrible. I cried like a little girl at the vet. First pet I had to put down. Sucked big time! I feel yea bro. My heart goes out to you.

Now...for the scuffs on the copper. Are they 90degrees from one another? If so, then the way it's packaged in the box nesting in the bowl the lid has contacted the grate tabs during shipping. Those crappy white foam spacers don't do a very good job of securing the lid in place and you get funky scuffs.

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »
YIKES!  that kinda gouge would have put me over the edge!  Checked all over and it's just that one L shaped mark and two small ones just south east of it.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 10:43:46 AM »
There were 3 of those

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
@Grizz, here's another option.

Bring it in to Home Depot, which currently has the copper Performer on display in some stores. Tell them the situation and ask nicely if they'll swap it with the demo's lid.

I can't speak to the specifics but I'm pretty sure I saw a guy do exactly that with a new Weber gasser's lid, and the HD guy of course had to help him detach the lid from the demo unit.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »
Might wanna try that first before weber CS. Just so they don't get suspicious later. You might get the "you ain't using it right" lady

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »
That copper looks really nice with the metal table.  Hunter was a great name for a cat! 

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
Yeah that was the name he was given by the rescue folks that trapped him up in maine.  He was a semi-feral but just the nicest cat that you ever would have met.  I know a lot of people don't get cats and right them off as not having much of a personality, but this guy had the sweetest disposition I've seen so far in an animal.  And he knew how to work that to his advantage and would put on what we called the Puss-N-Boots act (referring to Shrek) with the big watery eyes routine.  one in a million.

VAis4BBQers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about the cat Grizz... That grill is sharp. Lovin' the new tables more and more. May want to replace my current C&B table with that one someday. I wish someone had a pic of it done though!
Crate n Barrel Grass Green - Target Copper - Blue OTG - 14 & 18 WSM

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »
Well, weber got my pictures and they are sending out a replacement lid!  You guys weren't lying that's some top class customer service right there.

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
Sorry to hear about Hunter.  It will be a sad day when my Hobbes goes.(He is 14.)

Glad to hear you got everything straight with Weber.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold