Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: how do you like to reheat pork shoulders?  (Read 2969 times)

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
how do you like to reheat pork shoulders?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
Good stuff here. I vac pack in 1 or 2 lb bags and freeze, or fridge if its only a couple days. Simmer frozen vac pack bags for about 15 minutes.

As far as temps after holding in coolers, put in your Thermapen or similar to check, they stay HOT for several hours out of the danger zone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:27:22 PM by Fishawn »

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
Re: how do you like to reheat pork shoulders?
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »
....crack into softball sized chunks as closely as possible [1/4's?] (this leaves some of the original moisture intact....)

BRILLIANT!
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
Hey, just wanted to thank all of y'all for your expert advice.  I smoked 4 butts to 195, pulled them, put the meat in freezer bags in 2lb increments, and iced them in a cooler overnight.  I wasn't able to oversee the reheating, so they were basically boiled for 15 minutes, but nevertheless the bags held up fine, the pork was nice and juicy, and people raved about it.  Like it was getting a little bit embarrassing...  I even had this older woman who was vegan come up to be all excited to tell me how good the pork was.  A pretty good day, thanks to all of you-- THANK YOU!
One of the charcoal people.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
YES!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »
Hey, just wanted to thank all of y'all for your expert advice.  I smoked 4 butts to 195, pulled them, put the meat in freezer bags in 2lb increments, and iced them in a cooler overnight.  I wasn't able to oversee the reheating, so they were basically boiled for 15 minutes, but nevertheless the bags held up fine, the pork was nice and juicy, and people raved about it.  Like it was getting a little bit embarrassing...  I even had this older woman who was vegan come up to be all excited to tell me how good the pork was. A pretty good day, thanks to all of you-- THANK YOU!

@mike.stavlund

Another conversion !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"