Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: most bang for the buck bbq brush .79cent  (Read 6039 times)

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
most bang for the buck bbq brush .79cent
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
   http://www.harborfreight.com/steel-bristle-brush-38491.html    this is the my favorite grate cleaning brush  . if you wear it down   hack saw the wore down part and keep on keeping on

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
Re: most bang for the buck bbq brush .79cent
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
fuller brush company use to make close to the same brush for  10$

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »

+1

Dude, relax your chicken.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
any problems with bristles falling out?

i'm OCD when it comes to that :\

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »

Doesn't that count as minerals in the diet?   :o  OK, sorry. crossed the line.

I get mine from Smart & Final. I think the brand is SPID

It's a heavier bristle, so I think I'd see if any came out, but I haven't had a problem with that. The end will wear out with use, but as TO pointed out, cut that part off and wear out the rest of it. Or just angle it differently during use.
Dude, relax your chicken.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 02:12:41 PM »
i spent the last several months doing a bbq brush showdown, I wish I had known about this :P

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »
So just tonight I had bristles falling out of not one but two different grill brushes... I think I am done with bristled brushes.  Any other suggestions?
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
So just tonight I had bristles falling out of not one but two different grill brushes... I think I am done with bristled brushes.  Any other suggestions?

I can tell you that THIS ONE won my grill brush showdown. I've been using and abusing it for several months, and its the best brush I've ever used (and trust me, I have used a LOT of brushes)

It appears that its unavailable right now, but this one here looks exactly the same. I think they've rebranded it or changed the company name.

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
@Jeep  I think it charbroil that has a nylon brush .I think it said you use it on a cold grate.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 05:16:11 PM »
I normally use a wad of foil, having sworn off lost bristles with wire brushes. Then again, if the grate has hardened crust that heat won't budge, little bits of foil will give it up to the grate ...

But for normal grates and especially cast iron I have one with brass bristles that seems OK so far, a Libman kinda like this: http://www.amazon.com/Libman-Long-Handle-Grill-Brush/dp/B000FJS14S/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1430356315&sr=8-10&keywords=grill+brush+brass ... comes in a few colors and end-hook designs.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »
... this is the my favorite grate cleaning brush...

Something I like about that brush is that it seems like it could get down "between the grooves." 99% of what's out there just seems to ride on the top. I'm annoyed with the stuff that gets stuck in between that most brushes ignore. Now look who's OCD!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 05:28:13 PM »
as far as broken bristles go  ///  I wipe down the grate after I brush it /// and run the gunked up brush thru the dishwasher

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 01:06:23 AM »
I really like this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CATVET0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works really well and shows no sign of breaking down after 4-5 months. That 360 brush is pretty cool though.

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 03:14:14 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I just added Troys recommendation to my amazon cart.  Ordering up a few other things later this morning and it will be on it.

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »
After hearing all those stories about lodged loose bristles in people's throats, I've gone exclusively to crumbled up foil, and for the stuff in between the grates i can't get with foil, I use the old spatula that I use to move coal around.