Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: After Market Casters  (Read 4806 times)

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
Re: After Market Casters
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 05:16:41 PM »
I wonder if something like this would work...i think it's threaded to accept a bolt which makes it expand. Not sure though. Not a very good description.
Then you could use something like this...which has a 2" overall height

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:20:50 PM by Mkrause »

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »
Like i said, I'm not sure if you'll find the correct height but i think that's the only way you'll be able to get a rubber wheel. I know you can get the "expander" parts separately and they are designed usually for a 3/8" threaded stud but i don't know if a 2" caster would have a long stud on it. By long, i mean 2-3 inches, enough to put the rubber sleeve that smashes down to expand, plastic bushings, and a nut. I became familiar with this when i put them on my ssp, however, mine are taller because i used pneumatic tires instead of the original weber ones.

That's awesome. I love your pneumatic wheels and casters. Looks very heavy duty. That's a huge upgrade from stock.

These hd/lowes/Amazon casters I think are a hard rubber and an upgrade from stock, although not as heavy duty as your style.

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
I am seriously upgrading my wheels like in this thread.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?69948-Another-Weber-Performer-Facelift&highlight=Harbor+freight

That thing looks like you could throw a saddle on it and ride it now. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app