Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Thighs On Laverne  (Read 930 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Chicken Thighs On Laverne
« on: January 20, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
With the help of L.B. I was able to pick up this PP Red from the Saginaw area a couple months ago:

She is missing bottom vents so I improvised with some aluminum foil stoppers. This Kettle was a big time cooker, the lid needs to be coerced shut, there are many war wounds....and I love the thing. She strikes me as a Laverne. Coming up to temp the first time for me:

I had the thighs in a buttermilk brine for 5 hours or so then drained them. They were then dusted with some 604 rub and chili powder and smoked naked for about 45 minutes. Then into a pan for another 45 minutes. I sauced with a combo of Tiger Sauce, cider vinegar and Teagues touch of heat then another 20 minutes or so in the Kettle. Done:

Zavod handle courtesy of Harris.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:51:13 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

vic

• Smokey Joe
Re: Chicken Thighs On Laverne
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
The Thighs on Laverne look very nice!!! Can't wait for Shirley to come over.

Sorry, couldn't help the Laverne and Shirley reference.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Chicken Thighs On Laverne
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:26 PM »
Hmmm. The wife made a comment about naming one Shirley too. Thing is I need to add another cooker first. A colored one I do not have already. I see Shirley as a Blonde.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"