Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jerk and Caribbean Wings w scotch bonnet pineapple jam  (Read 1455 times)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
Jerk and Caribbean Wings w scotch bonnet pineapple jam
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »
Decided to do some Jerk and Caribbean seasoned wings as a late night snack. I got some Pineapple jam the other day and have been looking forward to adding some scotch bonnet sauce to try as a dipping sauce for the wings. rubs sat on for 4 hours. Oak and pecan chunks. 425 lid temp Hot and fast. The Jerk seasoning is doctored with extra allspice and herbs.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

I over seasoned the wings and the sauce needs work but was still a good midnight snack. Super juicy and smokey red bones.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:49:23 PM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Jerk and Caribbean Wings w scotch bonnet pineapple jam
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 04:34:28 AM »
Man those look good!!

I have me a bottle of that Scotch Bonnet sauce sent to me from @MrHoss. Haven't tried it yet. I love everything SB.

Did you get those seasonings at Food Basics in the International aisle?  I like perusing that aisle for "different" stuff.

I haven't done wings for awhile on the kettle …. Now I'm jonesing for some ..  :D :o ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:19:54 AM »
Looks bloody tasty - wish I had come bye to see you last night. Damn.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 06:55:33 AM »
Sounds and look delicious!!

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »
Looks bloody tasty - wish I had come bye to see you last night. Damn.

Didn't think the wife would appreciate me coming across with jerk for you at 1am haha I was hoping you were going to swing by though. The wind was blowing your way I thought you would have noticed me out there. Ill PM you next time to catch your attention.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
Man those look good!!

I have me a bottle of that Scotch Bonnet sauce sent to me from @MrHoss. Haven't tried it yet. I love everything SB.

Did you get those seasonings at Food Basics in the International aisle?  I like perusing that aisle for "different" stuff.

I haven't done wings for awhile on the kettle …. Now I'm jonesing for some ..  :D :o ;)

I grabbed mine from an Asian grocery store that has an extensive spice section and a caribbean section. I love that international aisle in Food Basics lots of great finds. Hope you enjoy the Scotch bonnet its a staple in my fridge.