Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kudos to Kettle Pizza  (Read 1207 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Kudos to Kettle Pizza
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:04:04 AM »
My Groupon-deal Kettle Pizza arrived yesterday, and I was concerned when I noticed one corner of the box crushed down a bunch.  I took some photos before opening it, and sure enough the pizza ring was crushed down where the ring opens up for pizza access.  Disappointed, I took some more photos and prepared myself for a whole bunch of rigamarole. 

But I was completely wrong.  First, the actual phone number of the company was printed right there on the back of the owners manual.  Second, someone promptly answered that phone line.  Third, they were actually friendly.  Fourth, even when she quickly realized that I was a Groupon customer, she didn't treat me like a second-class customer (I've found that retailers are sometimes surly toward Groupon customers).  Fifth, she was apologetic and both interested in and capable of helping me.  She just asked me to email her a couple photos and told me they would ship me a new unit.  Half-joking, I asked if there was any way I might have it by Pizza Night (aka, 'Friday').  "No problem," she scoffed, "I will have it to you in plenty of time." 

I emailed the photos, and they wrote right back to me, promising a replacement via 2-day Fed Ex.  Their conclusion was that UPS piled too much heavy stuff on top of the package, damaging it.  So they asked if I would send the original unit back so they could get a refund from the shipper, and they told me they would include a shipping label in the replacement shipment.

What was even nicer was that someone else from the company called me and left a voicemail, thanking me for my purchase and apologizing for the trouble and reiterating that a replacement was on the way.  What's more, the gentleman kindly asked if I would be willing to put a return shipping label on the bent unit and drop it off at a UPS store.  I really appreciated this, because often online retail people will just assume that the customer has all kinds of time to run errands for them, and this guy was super respectful and deferential and very graciously *asked me* if I would consider doing that.  Which I'm of course happy to do. 

So I'm already a huge fan of Kettle Pizza, and I'm sure I'll be even more so when I finally cook a pie! 
One of the charcoal people.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Kudos to Kettle Pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:54 AM »
Great customer service!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:59:09 AM »
That's what I call first class treatment. Thanks for sharing.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:10:22 AM »
Glad it worked out for you. I know how disappointing it is whan something arrives damaged. A nice happy ending.
May The Smoke Be With You!