Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Meetup II  (Read 20315 times)

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meetup II
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »
I am sorry I wasn't able to get up there would love to meet some of you guys, looks like you had a great time though with some very happy WKC gals (no tears in those pics) & that mod you did just looks great.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Mid-Atlantic Meetup II
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »
Talk about some good times and what a cool looking venue! THAT right there is what the WKC is about to me gents! Good on you all!

Marty was this the inaugural cook for the new Crimson Sequoia? What a looker that rig is!

You have a beautiful family Mike! and it looks like they had an awesome day as well  :)

... Shane are you a Hockey guy too?! Most lacrosse guys are ;) Hopefully not a Hawks fan thou... ;) ;D ;)

Yep, big time hockey guy. My son has been playing for the last five years and is on a fairly competitive squirt travel team. We are Caps fans and hit as many games as we can.
A Wonderful Family!!!

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
Was all setup to come to the meet up and then I had to go into work which almost never happens all gear long until I plan something fun like this.  Hope everyone who made it had a good time and ate well.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
Thanks for putting this meetup together, Marty, and thanks for the great photos.  We really had a great time, and indeed ate some amazing food.  The WKC obviously knows how to collect kettles, but they are great cooks too!

The playground was epic-- my kids had a wonderful time playing there, so we appreciate your consideration of folks of all ages. 
One of the charcoal people.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2014, 03:26:31 AM »
Credit for the park goes to WeberMD. Too bad he couldn't make it this time. Agree it was fun for all ages. I like meetups with kids involved - Imagine the memories they will have down the road! Oh, and I almost forgot the food! My crab-stuffed turds were pretty OK, and I made up a few bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin chunks with a brandy-cream sauce. Could have spent more time on those and they may have spent too much time on the grill, but good. I'll do them again when I have less going on. Mike brought a marinaded pork tenderloin that was fantastic. (I heard Gummi was involved in his creation.) Shane did a pile of chicken and all the fixins for some great tasting Pitas. Good stuff!

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »
I must say the food is always the best. Mikes pork was great, the sauce to die for. Marty's brandy cream sauce was out of this world. I will be begging for both those recipes. On top of it all it was a perfect weather day. Great fun. Thanks Marty for setting this up!!
A Wonderful Family!!!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2014, 07:05:28 AM »
Here's the pork recipe I tried. Saw it the day before and threw it together. I could not find green peppercorns and sub'd in some capers. Added a little salty tang which seemed to be fine. I will try this one again sometime when I can watch it a little closer.

http://www.weber.com/recipes/pork/bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin-with-green-peppercorn-sauce

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 06:34:00 AM »
Looks like you had a good time. I can't wait to get out of baby jail.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
I can't wait to get out of baby jail.

Ha, I couldn't attend because I was in jail!

I work there and we're 'on' every other weekend.  ;)
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Looks like you guys had great weather and a cool looking place to hang out at!  Too bad you had some issues with the Ranger.  He must have been jealous he couldn't hang out and had to "work"

Love that Crimson Smokey cart/table setup.  Looks like it could have come straight from Weber.  Very clean looking!
Kettle collector AND cooker!