Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Marketing logos on kettle lids  (Read 1721 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Marketing logos on kettle lids
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
Anyone here use a kettle with a brand logo on the lid? How is the logo actually applied to the surface? Is it painted on after the enamel finish is cooked? How well does the image actually survive the high temps of kettle use? Just curious.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
Re: Marketing logos on kettle lids
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »
Dale-
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that it is put on with another layer of porcelain, then baked on over the top of the already porcelainized finish. 

They look like they would be fragile, but you'd basically have to chip the porcelain off to make them go away.

What logo are you looking at buying?   :D
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »
Thanks Saxart. Just curious. I picked up a copper Sam Adams a while back and have not used it. I had it shipped to my MN address and have not actually seen it first-hand yet. But I got to thinking about how durable that logo might be. I can't imagine that Weber would put something out that would degrade with normal use. I haven't seen this discussed on here (although I'm fairly new :D) and thought I'd ask about other's experiences with them.
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
Logos can be transferred to surfaces using hot stamping http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_stamping, pad printing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_printing or other similar methods. I don't remember off hand which one prints better for high heat applications. It's actually not that expensive. I've called vendors before to stamp SJ lids........  :-X
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
buddy is my budlight logo 18.5 kettle. just did a quick finger test and it seems like the logo is applied over the powder coat. I've done several cooks on it and have not noticed any negative affects on the logo.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
I have a Coca-Cola redhead in my camper.  I have cooked on it 20-30 times and the logo isn't going anywhere.

Like someone said above, the logo is UNDER the paint.

The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM