Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pallet return EX4  (Read 317 times)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
Pallet return EX4
« on: July 01, 2021, 10:44:08 AM »
$250 for a return/pallet flip deal, I’m suspicious because doesn’t sound like guy wants to let me see it in action. He’ll let me try it for a day and if it doesn’t work he’ll take it back. I wanted an EX6 for my dad this father’s day but I couldn’t swing it in time. I have my doubts, but for $250 would yous guys take that risk?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Re: Pallet return EX4
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »
If can you try it and it burns and keeps temp your good. For 250$ if works once it will continue to work. There are only afew parts so if it works it most likely will continue to work.  Great deal!

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »

If can you try it and it burns and keeps temp your good. For 250$ if works once it will continue to work. There are only afew parts so if it works it most likely will continue to work.  Great deal!

That’s where I’m weary. I asked if he had pellets and if I could see it start up and what not and the answer wasn’t a hard yes. It was a vague non-answer, so the way I see it if it’s not a hell yeah it’s a trap. I’m just wondering if for $250 it’s worth taking that risk that something is busted and will need replacing. Also, it’s for my dad and I drive back home saturday morning so if anything does happen I wont be around to handle the fix for him.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »
If this is a person selling it (not a retail store), I'd take a bag of pellets with me and insist on trying it out before I handed over the cash.  Nothing wrong with asking for a test drive.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:09:59 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Pallet return EX4
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
Sorry, posted twice.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 09:52:55 PM »
Yeah, I'd take the risk at that price. Especially if you can pay via credit card. Will he let you plug it in at least?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 10:22:27 AM »

Yeah, I'd take the risk at that price. Especially if you can pay via credit card. Will he let you plug it in at least?

I passed on it. It didn’t sound like guy was very willing to let me test it out before buying. He kept saying he tests everything he sells himself and that didn’t sit well with me. I wanted to get the EX6 for my dad anyway, but I couldn’t swing it before father’s day. I’ll wait and get him the EX6 for christmas because sometimes we cook for large groups and the bigger smoker would work better anyway.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 10:33:31 AM »
Sometimes it's best to trust your gut.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere