Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Fire Pit vintage wooden handles  (Read 679 times)

janene

• Happy Cooker
Weber Fire Pit vintage wooden handles
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:21:04 AM »
I have a Weber Fire pit , vintage, with wooden handles (not the best shape for the handle) that was a gift for a promotion/achievement for its previous owner.  I have it for sale on pages north of Milwaukee on Facebook... everyone is laughing at me.  My estate sale guy said to list it at 80. It does have a dent, but not rusted through at all!  I'm tired of being laughed at and yelled at.. am I crazy?  Should I list it for less?  Do you want to buy it to prove these guys wrong that it's not a "hunk of junk?"

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Fire Pit vintage wooden handles
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 05:05:22 AM »
Fire pits are awesome and people are always on the look out for them.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got $80 for it, especially if it's in relatively good shape and has the center ring.  I wouldn't say they are vintage though since they were made up until 10 years ago IIRC.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 05:52:41 AM »
I checked out the pics and for the condition it seems over priced.  Maybe clean up the porcelain with brillo/sos pads, use a wire wheel and drill and get the rust off the silver parts, replace the rusty hardware, replace the handles and you might get your price.  I'd put a $40 - $50 price on it and it should sell as is.  But in the end it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 05:54:23 AM »
Here’s one I bought used for about what you’re asking....I did clean it up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

janene

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 06:20:58 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I'm still taking the heat but at least I know I'm not totally out in left field.  If someone approaches me privately there and asks for less.. I'll take it, but I don't want to knock the price down publicly.. I'll really get yelled at.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »
I have a Weber Fire pit , vintage, with wooden handles (not the best shape for the handle) that was a gift for a promotion/achievement for its previous owner.  I have it for sale on pages north of Milwaukee on Facebook... everyone is laughing at me.  My estate sale guy said to list it at 80. It does have a dent, but not rusted through at all!  I'm tired of being laughed at and yelled at.. am I crazy?  Should I list it for less?  Do you want to buy it to prove these guys wrong that it's not a "hunk of junk?"
If the buyer didn't want it, they wouldn't take the time to tell you whats wrong with it and why you should take less.

You want 70 or 80 wait for it, who knows you might even get someone that will pay extra to ship it.

If you want rid of it mark it best offer and take the 1st one you like.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Weber Fire Pit vintage wooden handles
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »
Sorry to hear about the heat you’re taking on this. 
I’ve seen worse things posted for more in Wisconsin.  I’m not sure, but are you able to report the harassing individuals, and would that stop them?  Just a thought.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club