Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kenmore Kettle  (Read 646 times)

JonesBBQ

• Smokey Joe
Kenmore Kettle
« on: January 04, 2020, 07:40:14 AM »
Stumbled across this yesterday on FB Marketplace. Was listed as free, so I jumped in the truck and headed to pick it up. No pictures of the inside, had my fingers crossed there was an internal ash pan. To my delight when I lifted the lid, there it was. Three small holes in the ash pan, but think I’ll be able to use the Weber ash pan mod I saw on here to make it 100% usable.

Has anyone seen a Kenmore kettle like this? Appears to be a Happy Camper, but the kettle does not have a bottom vents. Not sure if it was a gas kettle originally or what. Either way I have no interest in keeping the kettle, just wanted the ash pan to use on my Statesman. If anyone could use any parts, let me know. Happy to ship them.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:45:41 AM by JonesBBQ »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Kenmore Kettle
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:38:04 AM »
The pedestal style Happy Cooker / Kenmore are charcoal units.  Instead of bowl dampers, they get airflow from the pedestal tube.  When the IAC is adjusted all the way down, it cuts the airflow off.  On the earlier HC versions, the decal refers to it as the “Snuff Out” position.  On the later versions it was changed to “Off”. 

I’m interested in a couple pieces.  I’ll PM you. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JonesBBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 10:46:31 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown you are the man. Thanks for the knowledge. Makes perfect sense.

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
That's a quality ass pan LOL, what a score you have there. In the future you could sell the ash pan alone for top dollar. I cannot wait to see what that looks like cleaned up.
Stumbled across this yesterday on FB Marketplace. Was listed as free, so I jumped in the truck and headed to pick it up. No pictures of the inside, had my fingers crossed there was an internal ash pan. To my delight when I lifted the lid, there it was. Three small holes in the ash pan, but think I’ll be able to use the Weber ash pan mod I saw on here to make it 100% usable.

Has anyone seen a Kenmore kettle like this? Appears to be a Happy Camper, but the kettle does not have a bottom vents. Not sure if it was a gas kettle originally or what. Either way I have no interest in keeping the kettle, just wanted the ash pan to use on my Statesman. If anyone could use any parts, let me know. Happy to ship them.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ryan  Andrew Moore