Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Noob Question  (Read 1362 times)

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
Noob Question
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
I am still new when it comes to Weber kettles and still learning all the nuances. One thing I am wondering is on many older kettles I see round spots where the porcelain has come off. What causes this?

Thanks

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Noob Question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
Heat and rain is what I think hurts it, it makes the welds on the inside grate brackets weaken. It could also be pressure from the grates causing it as well. But most of the ones I've seen with this seem to be outside with no cover on it. I could be completely off though!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: Noob Question
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
I think most of the round porcelain chips are caused by an abrupt sharp impact that is hard enough to dent the steel. Where the steel bends, the porcelain breaks. That's why those circles often have a dent too.

Golly

• WKC Performer
Re: Noob Question
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:23:50 PM »
being dropped!!
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Craig

• WKC Mod
Noob Question
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

being dropped!!

Lids being dropped is a big one... Getting blown over in a storm can cause this. Another cause... right where the grate brackets are mounted there can form over time tiny dime size or pea size chips on the outside.