Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another evening with the Ranch  (Read 1809 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Another evening with the Ranch
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:10:15 PM »
Onion soup burgers just like my parent used to make when I was a kid. These turned out well, unlike the SPG burgers which were deadly bland.

Since I was cooking all eight at once, I decided to use the space on Ranch since it's available rather than crowd one of the 22" grills.  It's a beautiful end to the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Another evening with the Ranch
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »
Looks good. You got a recipe you might share?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 02:37:57 AM »
Looks awesome I too like making the onion soup burgers, it was a childhood thing as well
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
Looks good. You got a recipe you might share?

Thanks - there's really very little recipe to these.  I used Knorr onion soup packets because I couldn't find the Lipton equivalent my parents used when I was growing up.  The instructions on the Knorr box said to mix one soup package into 2.5 pounds of ground beef, so it's a dead simple recipe.  I went a bit heavier and mixed in three packages into the four pounds of ground beef I had on hand instead of a little light with only two packages.

My mother used to put eggs in as well but I don't remember how many into what kind of quantity of meat.  I decided not to try adding eggs since I couldn't remember the details and so I could safely cook the burgers to medium rare without having to worry about the safe temperature for cooking eggs.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
Nice...i did some burgers tonight..they turned out pretty tasty, even with the 93%/7% ground beef.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app