Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Soup Day  (Read 1985 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Soup Day
« on: August 26, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »
So today being what I would call a not so nice day...

I went out to the farmers market to buy some ingredients to make some Italian sausage soup...

Started my go to Friendship, WI. grill and got her started with one full chimney of Weber charcoal...

Some of the ingredients are pictured below...

All done...
a total of 1hr to cook in my Lodge CI

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Soup Day
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:17:27 PM »
Now what's in it...

1 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
1/4 teaspoon of salt and of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of basil and oregano
2 cups of beef broth
4 medium carrots
2 medium zucchini
1 1/2 cups of spinach
1/4 teaspoon of garlic
1 can of Italian stewed tomatoes

Used my Lodge CI Dutch oven.

Brown Italian sausage and add garlic until garlic is translucent.  Next add the beef broth 2 cups and the stewed tomatoes salt pepper oregano and basil.

Cook in the Dutch oven on high for about 15 minutes then add the carrots please remember to quarter the carrots. Once carrots are on move the Dutch Oven to medium heat and cook for another 15 minutes.

Now you can add the zucchini Cook until zucchini is soft and able to have a fork go through it.

Now we're almost done add the spinach for approximately 15 to 25 minutes while stirring every five minutes remove from heat once you're done what cool and enjoy within ice cold beer!

*** note always keep Lodge oven lid on once you add the broth and vegetables stir occasionally

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:07:02 AM by Shoestringshop »

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »
That's a hearty looking soup!  Nice work!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
I don’t usually like soups but that looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Edsland

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »
Looks awesome

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:20 PM »
Thanks! @Edsland , @mhiszem , @Bubblehead , the soup was fun to make. I really enjoyed going to the farmers market to get a lot of the ingredients. We don't have a farmers market nean me inMelrose Park, IL so going was a lot of fun. My Aunt and Uncle and I all went to the flee market in the morning that's where the farmers market is. We came back to my house an I made Scotch eggs and the loved them. I took detailed pictures of the making of the Scotch eggs that I'll post later.

Now would I change anything about the soup? Yes sadly I would... I woul make a double batch! ;)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
Damn! That looks like a bowl of flavor!  I just got my first Dutch oven this weekend. A Lodge double Dutch oven. I can tell we are really going to like using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »
@kettlebb you will love it! Is this you first CI piece? If so congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of CI cooking.  ;D

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
No sir. Started with a Lodge 10.5 skillet. I like that the double DO lid is also a small skillet if you need it. I hope to exercise it a lot this fall. I do like cast iron cooking. Put it on the grill and it's the best of both worlds!

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 05:58:47 AM »
I do like cast iron cooking. Put it on the grill and it's the best of both worlds!

Great looking soup

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 06:58:50 AM »
Great idea.  To me soup is great all year round.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

STEWsick

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
There are different ways to fry tomatoes, but each of them will require cook to spend row hours in the kitchen, so this yavstvo is usually better correct  do on weekends or for special occasions. When tomatoes are roasted, they get a deep taste and are combined with seafood, antipasto and other roasted vegetables. Moreover, they are ideally suitable for use in the baking industry, in making bread or cake with custard.
canned stewed tomatoes recipe