Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New to you Rub/Sauces reviews  (Read 1076 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
New to you Rub/Sauces reviews
« on: December 19, 2017, 02:01:34 PM »
Since a lot of us tend to get new rubs this time of year, either from the Secret Santa here or from other family and friends, I thought it would be cool to start a thread for everyone to post their quick review of their new rubs as you try them out.  I've got a couple from @weldboy I still need to try out and will post them here when I try them out.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: New to you Rub/Sauces reviews
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
Just tested this one out on some boneless chicken thighs from Aldi.

Marinated them for about an hour. Cooked them with a full chimney of lump for about 40 minutes using the homemade vortex. Vents wide open.

Sorry forgot the plated pics. I was kinda stunned by how quickly my 9 year old daughter inhaled it. She is usually quite picky. Especially when it comes to chicken. She was the first one done. Followed by my 11 year old. Highly recommend this one👍
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 04:40:44 AM »
Weldboy gifted me Butt Shaker. Used it on a butt for a family gathering . Didn’t take pics , but I got a lot of compliments and some saying it was the best pork they’ve had. My cousin from Texas is buying a WSM 18 now because he said it was that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »
From my Secret Santa, I received a couple of rubs.  I used Pigs Ass Memphis rub on some wings and smoked Hickory that turned out amazing!   My family simply RAVED about them.  I smoked 8 pounds of wings, four with Pigs Ass n Hickory and 4 pounds with Plowboys Yardbird with Pecan (My go to).  The Pigs Ass wings were gone in 60 seconds.  The others had a few left at the end of the night.  I did like the PA rub.  I sampled 1 of each before packing up for the party and I will say that the PA and Hickory combo were VERY Good!!

My $.02...

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...