Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Kettle in DC/Baltimore  (Read 753 times)

Martini

• Happy Cooker
Red Kettle in DC/Baltimore
« on: September 11, 2018, 02:44:26 AM »
Hi all,

I'll be travelling out to DC and Baltimore shortly for work.  Having a ridiculously large luggage allowance, I was thinking about bringing one of the red limited edition kettles home with me to Australia (they aren't available here).  Trouble is, I'm worried about the quality issues that were reported early on.  Does anyone have advice as to whether the QC issues have been fixed now, or where somewhere near the Arlington or Baltimore areas might have some in stock that I could give a once over before I buy?  I've been to a couple of good retailers out that way before, but Weber's online store locator just seems to show big box retailers now.

Cheers, and thanks,
Ian

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Red Kettle in DC/Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 03:09:50 AM »
If I were you I would not hesitate to just get one, IMHO there was more hype than actual issues
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05:48:14 AM »
If you are willing to drive to Annapolis, MD(about 25 min drive) I have a spare NIB kettle that I bought during the $149 clearance. I opened the box to verify its perfect.

Martini

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the steer.  dwnthehatch, I'll be in touch via PM.  I have a car and time to spare to get down to Annapolis (beautiful area!).

Cheers, Ian