Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Grills  (Read 1210 times)

Larry

• WKC Brave
Limited Edition Grills
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
That Red Limited Edition Kettle is exceptional and would be a grate addition to any one of our Weber families. I️, however love the blue kettles. I️ currently have 2 blue https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/b5f8d1b398901711011fd6adc3736ce3.jpg[/img]]OTG, a 1997 & 2002. I️ have cooked in a steak cookoff competition and I️, of course always use my “blues”. So I️ contacted Weber, specifically John, a Marketing Associate for Online Consumer Care about having a Blue Limited Edition Kettle available for 2018. He said he would pass my suggestion to the charcoal design team. John also stated “perhaps with enough feedback maybe there’ll be one someday”. So I️ am asking , if anyone else would like to see a Blue Limited Edition in the future, to please go to Weber.com and under “contacts” email Weber about the possibility of a blue LE in the future. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It's always better when you're cooking on a Weber!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Limited Edition Grills
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »
Larry those 3 are stunning. I hope to actually clean mine someday and take a similar pic. I'm not being facetious; they look showroom new!

I am a recent blue convert, suddenly possessing a late year, 3rd gen Performer, OTG, and something I thought I'd never see around here, a Genesis w/side burner.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:48:07 PM »
Nice reflections. I also like those kettles with the good blue. I can do that. Time I emailed John with another suggestion anyway. But you got two of the best blues anyone could want. Maybe a Blue 18 LE for your collection?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:03:25 PM by TD »

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
I like the blue better than red. Weber should sell a full line of color versions to us ongoing and not tease with LE color versions.

wrehfield

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »
 I'd give half my interest in hell for a blue OTG in good shape.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:15:22 AM »
I certainly like the idea of that. Just my opinion, but if they DID decide to do it, I would rather have the blue wave or imperial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
Thanks for the replies and especially to @addicted-to-smoke & @TD for the kind words. I always thought I took good care of my grills UNTIL I found the WKC. The amount of valuable information on how to clean (website restoration series), mods & even cook (from @Troy) is awesome. Also check out the beautiful handles on the blues, they of course, are from @zavod44! Thanks, Brian. I think the WKC could possibly effect some change at Weber, whether it be increasing the color selection to bringing back the blue wave or the imperial, at least for a limited time. So, I thought I would start with the blue LE, since they opened the doors this year with the red LE.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
If the red does well, a blue or yellow would not surprise me.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
I certainly like the idea of that. Just my opinion, but if they DID decide to do it, I would rather have the blue wave or imperial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to go with Travis on this one.  If they bring a blue back please make it an Imperial Glen Blue.