Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribeye on the poor mans sns  (Read 1886 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ribeye on the poor mans sns
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
It was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribeye on the poor mans sns
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
Looks like your getting a nice even sear there! I bet those were some good eats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

FrugalQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:22:29 PM »
So is the poor mans SNS the standard weber basket? I'm new sorry. :) I'll take the leftovers regardless of what you used!!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:11:48 PM »
Slow n sear, Weber baskits, coals banked to the side, fire bricks used,,,,what makes it any better, the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ribeye on the poor mans sns
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 01:52:27 AM »
So is the poor mans SNS the standard weber basket? I'm new sorry. :) I'll take the leftovers regardless of what you used!!

Not quite. Check out the thread labeled "a bigger better basket case" or something like that. I just bumped it to make it easy to find.

I regret my choice of title. I'm not comparing this to an sns. This is just a bigger basket.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:27:54 AM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 02:42:49 AM »

Looks like your getting a nice even sear there! I bet those were some good eats.

Thanks. I did reverse sear on these for the first time. Turned out great. They ended up medium. I started searing when the internal hit 120. Is that about when you sear?  I wasn't sure how high to take internal on the indirect side.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 02:43:33 AM »
It's what is on the cooking grate that matters nice ribeyes I love it when the photo captures the fire like that it looks cool
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 03:34:23 AM »
I usually sear when the IT goes above 110, but I would much rather be on the rare side of medium rare than the medium side.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 03:35:11 AM »

Thanks. I did reverse sear on these for the first time. Turned out great. They ended up medium. I started searing when the internal hit 120. Is that about when you sear?  I wasn't sure how high to take internal on the indirect side.

I shoot for 110-115 then I'll take the steak off while the grill gets super hot and add fuel if needed. Nothing wrong with a medium seared ribeye though. I'd be glad to get one of those steaks.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
@HoosierKettle, based on what I'm seeing, I wouldn't wouldn't consider what you're doin' as a "Poor Man's" anything ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 05:06:41 AM »
A little hint with the reverse sear. Keep the lid open when searing. It will keep the internal Temps from climbing.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.