Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza day  (Read 2874 times)

EricD

• WKC Brave
Pizza day
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »
Got the PizzaQue out last weekend because it was so nice out!  Made a Margarita, Sausage n Bacon, and Hawaiian pies for the game.

22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pizza day
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 11:49:11 AM »
Very nice!
Hey, what's your thoughts about the pizza que? I'd like to start making some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
Nice looking pies!  Like to know more about the Pizza Que also.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
Thanks Travis!
I have nothing to compare the PizzaQue to.  It's the first pizza oven I've had.   I used to just throw a pie on the grill.
That being said... I love it.  It cooks restaurant style pizza in minutes.  I haven't been up close and personal with the Weber version, but for the difference in price it was worth it.  I can't imagine the Weber is much different.
It fits on the 22" kettle. Heats up quickly to over 700 degrees (comes with a therm on it.  It was pinned.  I don't have an IR thermo)
The only downside, and would be the same with the Weber...When you're done cooking, it's a PITA to shut it down.  There is no door so it's constantly getting air.  and takes forever to burn out because it uses (at least) 2 full chimney's.  If you have a heat proof place to put it on when your done, I suppose you could save some coals, but a PITA regardless.
If you like Pizza, get one.  It's faster (and cheaper) than delivery!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »
Thanks Dave....I was typing the above when you posted, so that is for you too! 
Not sure what else to tell you.   In the picture you can kinda see it on the kettle. 
I can post better pics if you want.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:09:32 PM by EricD »

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 05:35:09 AM »
Pizzas look great!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 06:18:33 AM »
Just saw this on my other forum if anyone's interested......
I don't know if it's every HD though.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238002

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 05:20:03 AM »
Great looking pies EricD!!! 8)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Great looking Pizzas @EricD!  I hear you on the large amount of coals you have to use and it being hard to shut it down.  I have my gasser kettle right next to my performer when I am making pizzas as well as the lid off off my 26er.  Gives me places to put hot things!  I've found it easy to lift the entire Kettle Pizza off with the lid on it if I need to add coals.  I can lift it off and place it on my gasser kettle while adding coals, then can move it right back without losing much heat.  I use my 26er as a place to let me stone cool down for a minute or two if it is getting too hot. When I am done cooking my pies I can move the KP to my gaser then shutdown my performer to save the leftover coals.  I don't think the Pizza Que has handles on it, so I'm not sure if this is an option for you.  It might be worth seeing if you can mod you PQ to put some handles on it.  You might even be able to buy the KP handles.  If you need any measurements from my KP handles just let me know.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 08:58:04 AM »
Thanks @Nate!
@MikeRocksTheRed, You're right the PQ does not have the handles, but I have "The Beast" Grilling gloves (https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Beast-Grilling-Cooking-Gloves/dp/B00T3NZXIE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477328071&sr=8-1&keywords=grill+beast+gloves) and I've done the same thing moving it all to the gasser.  But, I haven't perfected my workflow with the PQ yet, and forgot to get the gasser ready, so I just let it burn.  Laziness mostly!
Next time I do pizza's, I'll pay better attention to moving it around when hot and see if modding up some handles would be worth it.