Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I'm offically a member of the 26er club!  (Read 5078 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I'm offically a member of the 26er club!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:44 AM »
If everything is seated right and solid you might think bout trimming the front leg, but you shouldn't have to, that is odd.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 06:05:24 AM »
Nice score.  Got to check out offer up now.  I have checked craigslist daily and now I have another kettle search venue.  Got to try to get with the texting group.  I am old school and new to texting how did you get set up?

Send a PM to me and I'll add you to the text message group.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »
Check and make sure ALL the legs are completely pushed up into the legs socket on the underside of the bowl. This may be why it is sitting uneven.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 07:18:42 AM »
Check and make sure ALL the legs are completely pushed up into the legs socket on the underside of the bowl. This may be why it is sitting uneven.

I have already checked it!  Pretty sure the leg mount for the front leg is welded to low on the bowl as noted in the link to another post that is higher up in this thread.  It looks like Weber knows about the issue as multiple people here have received replacement bowls from Weber.  I'll probably call Weber CS today and see what they say.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »
I have a 26'er (AH code) 2014 was the last year the 26'ers were built correctly, before all the negative changes were made by Weber for the 2015 models. I don't have this problem with mine. I'm wondering if this is a problem that is exclusive only to 26'ers made in 2013?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
Congrats Mike! 26rs are just awesome to cook on.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »
Running a test smoke in it now. In guessing a 3x2 snake will do the trick.  Had an exec chef friend come by a few nights ago with a ton of meat from his restaurant.     One of the items was a 1-2lb pork loin, so I have going along with a cooked ham I want to put some smoke to.  Two little prices of meat make this grill look huge.  Forgot to take a pic while I had the lid off so that will have to wait.

Once I have this grill dialed in, I have a pork crown roast I am going to do tomorrow or wednesday, then a tureky sometime this week.

The smoke's a rolling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
I'm offically a member of the 26er club!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
So far so good. Top vent wide open, button vent barely cracked, and I mean a little sliver towards the top of the vent barely cracked.  Holding temp really nicely.  I can see that I'll be able to control my temp within 10 degrees with no problems at all.  The pork loin is about done.

I had a time lapse posted here but have removed it for now and will do a cook post in a little while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:55:38 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
Congratulations, on the find! 26ers are great!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
Great Score ! ! !  I looked at CL in the Charlotte area for over a year and never even SAW a 26er.  I had to settle with a sale at Amazon and free shipping.

You will enjoy it!

BD

The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
Ahem. Who alerted you?  8) Looks great!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:49:17 PM by AZ Monsoon »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »

Ahem. Who alerted you?  8)

Haha. I wasn't sure who it was since I was added to the text group and didn't know who you were!  I'm slowly but surely figuring out names to go along with phone numbers in the group. Still have a few unidentified numbers left.

Thanks @AZ Moon!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 05:55:52 PM »
No problem at all. Looks awesome!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 06:15:03 PM »
Congrats. You'll enjoy that kettle. 26ers are great.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER