Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I'm offically a member of the 26er club!  (Read 5079 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I'm offically a member of the 26er club!
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
The AZ text message group alerted me about a fairly new 26er last night on OfferUpNow and I jumped on it.  It was about an hour away, selling for $100.  It appeared to be in very good shape.  I sent the seller an offer of $125 if he could deliver it (didn't have a car available this weekend).  He countered back with $150 and he would throw in tools, a chimney and lighter cubes.  I went ahead with the deal.  The guy just dropped it off and it is in great shape.  Lid Vent stamp AT, so the grill is only about 2 years old (yeah, yeah, it's closer to 3 years old than 2).  It has a few minor scatches on the lid that don't go all the way down to bare metal that no one but is weber heads would notice.  The cooking grate has no corrosion whatsoever.  Of course its raining today so I can't go out and give it the 30 minutes of rubbing and cleaning that it needs.  I'm shocked at how much bigger it is than my 22's!

Big thanks again to the AZ test message group.  I'm not really sure who sent the original alert.

The guy also has a 22 WSM that he will sell for $200.  If anyone is interested let me know.

More pics to come once the weather improves.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
Screw the rain!  I couldn't take it anymore so I went out and cleaned it anyway.  Only took about 30 minutes followed by removing the one touch to bend the blades a bit to get them to fit tight against the kettle. 

I have noticed no matter how I try to situate it on my patio, he side with the non-wheeled leg sits an inch or so high.  Anyone encountered this?  Thinking I have a incorrect lengthened leg.  Not a big deal I can just cut a little off if I need to.  Maybe I'll call Weber and see what they say about it.

Views of grill being out of level.  Must be a fairly flat spot since you can see that the leg side is he when the grill is facing either direction. I've also made sure all three legs are properly seated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
Re: I'm offically a member of the 26er club!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »
Think I found my out of level issue!  How sweet would it be if I can get my bowl replaced!  Not that it really needs it since a simple trim of the leg would do the trick.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/26er-not-level/

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
I need one of them next. Then a ranch kettle. I REALLY need a ranch, but would be satisfied (for a minute) with a 26.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
Ugh! I haven't even seen a 26'r show up in the area, much less for a reasonable price.

I'm down to only "needing" a 26'r and a Ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »
Very nice score Mike !

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
You are going to love that, as soon as you get it straight.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:07 PM »
It looks a bit caddy wampus to me. But pretty none the less.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
On second look it looks like the two front legs are a different length. Maybe 18" or 22" kettle legs.
A Wonderful Family!!!

bcmillerkcco15

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Congrats on an awesome score!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
- Dude

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »
To me the rear legs look to be an odd angle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 08:05:02 PM »
Mine was like that, then the front socket fell clean off!
One phone call and Weber CS sent me a new bowl.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 08:59:06 PM »
Nice score.  Got to check out offer up now.  I have checked craigslist daily and now I have another kettle search venue.  Got to try to get with the texting group.  I am old school and new to texting how did you get set up? 

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 02:13:13 AM »
Congratulations on the 26er!

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 02:22:18 AM »
You're really going to enjoy the 26. Congrats, that was a great deal.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM