Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grate Lifter  (Read 5468 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Grate Lifter
« on: May 06, 2015, 11:22:27 AM »
Not much of a review, but this is a Grate Lifter that I really like.  It works well with all of my grates, including over sized SS and various cast, as well as standard & GBS Weber grates.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046XSI10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grate Lifter
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:00:10 PM »
Do you have the Char-Broil CI grate? Wondering how it would do with that one's larger openings. Good to know about the GBS, I presume you mean the standard plated steel insert, or the sear grate as well?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »
I do have the Char Broil CI. It lifts the 18" section fine. Not sure on the 22" section.

It lifted the gbs outside and standard rod insert. I don't have other inserts, but suspect it wouldn't work with the sear insert.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »
do you own the craycorts? does it work well with those?

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 03:53:47 AM »
do you own the craycorts? does it work well with those?

I do not have craycorts and cannot speak to how it works with them.

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 03:58:46 AM »
I am sold, ordering one tonight
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
A quick update, pics of various grates.  I will say the GBS grate seemed really heavy to hold with one hand for the time it took to take the pic.  I can't hold it closer to the center, which would have helped.

Standard:

Char Broil CI Ring:

Char Broil 18" Insert:

GBS:

GBS Standard Insert:

GBS CI Insert:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:15:30 PM by ClubChapin »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
Thanks!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 03:10:30 AM »
I have been trying to find something also ..... this looks perfect - easier for me to use since I get confused quickly!!   :P
and at the price you can't lose!  Thanks

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 12:39:57 PM »
I've been using the spring loaded BG Egg grate lifter. Bought two for use with my Ranch. I use the Ranch away from home mostly, and I like to take the grate off as soon as I'm done cooking on it (replacement grates are ridiculously expensive, so the less heat it sees, the longer it lasts). Welding gloves only keep the heat out for so long. It works with the Gourmet Grate set-up, just a little awkwardly though.

Costs $16.99 at a local Ace. Got mine at in December, so I worked out a deal with manager, to get two @ 25% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞