Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jerk Chicken Quarters  (Read 1256 times)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
Jerk Chicken Quarters
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »
Chicken quarters were on sale so that's whats on the kettle. My first cook in a while thought id post. my jerk dry rub sat on the quarters for 48 hours before being smoked using white oak. I used the vortex for this cook making a small 2x2 snake of coshell around the inside of the vortex and started it with 8 briquetts of royal oak . it held at 280 for 2 hours. I then added some lit coshell and quickly/carefully seared both sides avoiding chicken fat flair ups. they sat for 20 minutes at 350 to continue rendering the skin before receiving a final pass over the direct heat. the end result was  fairly juicy with crispy skin. i usually brine my chicken in ginger beer before applying the rub but forgot to grab a bottle. I missed the sweet ginger taste in the juices of the meat but all in all a good dinner.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting
They were served with rice and pigeon peas flavored with coconut water and lime juice/zest. No pictures of the rice but it was tasty. just substituted a can worth of water with the coconut water and added half a lime juiced and zested the other half went over the chicken with scotch bonnet sauce.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:16:30 PM by AcrossFromHoss »
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Jerk Chicken Quarters
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
Looks like a hit! Been seeing some good jerk chicken posts lately...

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:06:40 AM »
Good looking chicken!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »
Haven't seen you for awhile AFH - great looking Chicken and glad to see you back!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
AFH, great looking chicken! First time hearing of someone using a snake inside of the vortex, great thinking!