Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs Two Ways  (Read 1746 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Ribs Two Ways
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
Picked up a rack of ribs this morning from the Asian supermarket. I am taking the chine bone pieces and some rib ends I got from where I work...smoking them for an hour or so then finishing them in the oven. I have my Mom's recipe that my Wife loves so I am gonna try it out. Normally the ribs are separated into riblets, boiled for 8 minutes in water then finished in the homemade bbq sauce at 350f in the oven.  I am skipping the boiling in water part. For my ribs I am using the prime pieces from the rack I got. Everything is rubbed with a doctored 604 concoction for 2 hours before going on the cooker.

The cooker....a 74/75 Redhead @harris92 was kind enough to sell me. I have chosen to call her Marilyn:

After about an hour:

End pieces removed and covered in bbq sauce:

The sauce is made with a little ketchup, a can of tomatoes ground up, onions, garlic, a little water, hot sauce, white vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. I have it in the oven at 350f and it will go about an hour and a half.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:32:16 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs Two Ways
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
Marilyn is a gorgeous cooker for sure.  Nice cook Mike.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »
I am skipping the boiling in water part.

Thank you … YMMV.  ;) ;)

I gotta start putting foil on my ash pans.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »
You're on a roll Hoss! Yet another tasty looking creation from the frozen white tundra of the north (Ontario) ;)

I've gone a few nights without Q' and I'm starting to twitch a bit... ;D

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
Oven ribs falling apart after a couple hours:

A sample piece for me shows smoke ring...and I pulled these of the Kettle after about 50 minutes:

I forgot to get finishing shots of my ribs on the Kettle or a cross shot of the bones but I did get a plate shot:

Marilyn back down in the cave:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 05:07:03 AM »
Man those kettle ribs look tasty. I havnt had a sweet tea in months im going to load up for the winter. Great to have on hand a few feet from the kettle tucked in a snow bank.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe